The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Buckets said:

Thought Gogic pulled out of it and it was a shocking decision but maybe need to see it again

I wouldn't mind another look but I do think Gogic kicked him.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Much better display. But why take Taylor off when Gogic was struggling so badly?

Taylor was one of a couple players on yellows who looked nailed on to be getting sent off not long before we equalised. Idowu was the other. It was the sensible move.

1 hour ago, jonty said:

Buddies? Did yous win chaps?

Finished 3-1 on the night, 4-2 to Brann on aggregate. This information is pretty widely available mate.

Thought for about 5/10m there we might actually do it, oh that slip from Toy at 1-1. It's the hope that kills you! 

A much improved  showing, and despite some poor defending and decision making at the end we gave a good account of ourselves tonight at least but wasn't to be. What a difference a fit MOH would've made and with hindsight seems criminal not to have started Toy at home, he was fantastic again tonight.  Worst I've seen Gogic play in a long time, he must've been hampered by his knock to an extent. 

Relatively optimistic for the season ahead if we can build on that and use the € earned to strengthen. 🤞🫡

Doesn’t seem that long ago we’d see opposition team fans on P&B tear into us for being perma-relegation fodder, having a Sellik shop sign go up at our midden, or stay up by Dundee United being shite at penalties. Now we get some stick for failing to beat last season’s Norwegian league runners-up in Europe.

I’ll take that.

16 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Now I’m just left wondering how we’d have done with O’Hara, Kiltie and McMenamin fit and available.

Missing them definitely. Pleasing though that, with 3 starters out and a small squad, we could still be really competitive against a very good side. Also, even with quite a few new faces, we remain a bloody horrible team to play against!

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Doesn’t seem that long ago we’d see opposition team fans on P&B tear into us for being perma-relegation fodder, having a Sellik shop sign go up at our midden, or stay up by Dundee United being shite at penalties. Now we get some stick for failing to beat last season’s Norwegian league runners-up in Europe.

I’ll take that.

Who's given you stick? (Jobty doesn't count)

Absolutely. Was at the game. Proud of the effort. Marvelous support. Defensive tiredness costs us. But a club pulling together. Onwards and upwards. Friggin rain in Bergen, however, is something else.

Thanks for the matches. Great people and quality limbs today on all four goals. Best of luck in the league!

I can assure everyone watching on telly that all the rain in the world was concentrated towards Brann stadion those last minutes. Holy moly. Apparently the hour with the most rain in Bergen this whole year. 

Edited by brannfakkel

9 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I wouldn't call you that. Your players may get a big move to a Motherwell or St Johnstone at some stage.

Nice you can still dream.

Why do you Glasgow Paisley fans enjoy losing 3-1 specifically?

Hoofball didnt work in europe... wow ... i am shocked 😆

jim-halpert-face.gif

Aye the rain was o' biblical proportion. Enjoying yer Aqualeevit or whitever the correct name is. Hands across the sea as Rab C wid say. Nothing but good people in Bergen. Blockhead nothin but a dunderhead by the way.

10 hours ago, dergo said:

Aye the rain was o' biblical proportion. Enjoying yer Aqualeevit or whitever the correct name is. Hands across the sea as Rab C wid say. Nothing but good people in Bergen. Blockhead nothin but a dunderhead by the way.

Akevitt! Or Aqua vitae if you wish. The water of life. Only for Christmas for me. 

Edited by brannfakkel

You looked much better today compared to the game in Paisley. In the 1st leg the players seemed a bit surprised of the speed of the game, but they adapted better to it in Bergen + they didnt just hoof the ball away, but tried to keep it a bit. You were 20% better and Brann were 20% worse compared to 1st leg and then you end up in a quite nerve wrecking match.

Its going to be an interesting season for you if you bring the European tempo to your matches. Brann were unbeaten (I think?)for 13 matches in the league after their European campaign last year. They got used to the high tempo and brought it into their league matches.

I think Brann couldve finished the game off earlier, but they never really manage to do so (story of the season) and then we were all waiting for the set pieces and 1-1....

The corner decision was btw a sky clear goal kick wasnt it? I was in the family stand and it was very surprising to see the assistant referee pointing at the corner.

So damn close to 1-2 as well. Pure luck for us.

Great away support today. We love good away support. It creates a great atmosphere. We were not at our best today. Its been electric in Europe so far, but far from the level vs Go Ahead.

Had our moments though.

20240815_223002.jpg

Edited by RagaRocker

23 hours ago, RagaRocker said:

Todays Brann Europa shirt.

The ship is the pride of Bergen, Statsraad Lehmkuhl.

IMG_20240815_104133.jpg

Our Europa shirt goes on sale at noon today… 😜

42675A3E-2BAD-4FCD-98F0-9F778C0B0CF0.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

13 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

The Glasgow Rangers feeder club. 

3 players in 14 years. As i said to your remedial friend re the above "banter" St Mirren are lucky if they have a player good enough to move up to a Motherwell or St Johnstone 😆

20 million plus has come in to us in 3 years selling our best players (none of them to your fellow weegies). 

I know you are hurting though. St Mirren waited 37 years for european football and lasted 4 matches 😄

7 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

So you agree then. 

Nearly 40 years waiting for FOUR matches. Hows it feel to know thats probably it for your lifetime seeing the Glasgow St Mirren hoofball team in europe?

Breathe Mental Health GIF by Hello All

11 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

So you agree then. 

Nearly 40 years waiting for FOUR matches. Hows it feel to know thats probably it for your lifetime seeing the Glasgow St Mirren hoofball team in europe?

The most aptly named poster on this site. 

aziz ansari snl GIF by Saturday Night Live