The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

[emoji38] Pish. 
Not saying there's no chance of it happening but there's 100% no way we've been contacted, accepted an approach, an offer made and Goodwin accepted in less than 24 hours. 

Someone better tell Barry Robson as he's just done his first press interview as interim manager. They will plod along with either a caretaker / interim appointment until the end of the season or it will be someone out of contract.

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think that leaves The Mirage as the only Indian's not mentioned.

I've never rated and am surprised it's been open so long.

I stayed across the road from the Mirage for 8 years and used it only twice. I'd pass by it for a pizza shop curry to be honest.

On the plus side, the quality of meat they use is the best of the best but their curries are just shite.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Sims is a right good signing for County. Definitely the sort of player I'd like to see us going for. Young with plenty of game time and experience.

Just reading the article there - hopefully the lad is over the double blow of bowel and heart issues. He's definitely the sort of player who wouldn't need to consider Scottish football at 100% health.

Have you seen him play?  I have no confidence in Malkkky signing anyone from England who isn’t a complete waste of a squad place.  

8 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

There used to be a few and they’ve all disappeared for some reason.

One on Broomlands Street? One on Moss Street at the Cross? The one at the back of Gilmour Street. 

The one in Broomlands is The Royal Taj (The Mirage is at the junction of Broomlands St and George St).

Tandoori Nights was in Moss St, Shirin Mahal in Old Sneddon St, Manzil in St. James's Street, Shish Mahal in New St and Mirch Masala in Wellmeadow St.

ETA Mirch Masala was previously Omar Khayyam and the one which used to be below what is now Indian by Nature was called Shimla House.

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The one in Broomlands is The Royal Taj (The Mirage is at the junction of Broomlands St and George St).

Tandoori Nights was in Moss St, Shirin Mahal in Old Sneddon St, Manzil in St. James's Street, Shish Mahal in New St and Mirch Masala in Wellmeadow St.

I was talking about the Chinese sit in that have disappeared 

Good shout with some of those Indians though.

I’m sure the one on New Street was also called Cafe India at one point and Wellmeadow St was Omar Kayam I think 

Just now, Captain Saintsible said:

I was talking about the Chinese sit in that have disappeared 

Good shout with some of those Indians though.

I’m sure the one on New Street was also called Cafe India at one point and Wellmeadow St was Omar Kayam I think 

The sit-in Chinese in Moss St was Palace Royal and the one that was in Broomlands St is now 2 separate takeaways side-by-side.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I stayed across the road from the Mirage for 8 years and used it only twice. I'd pass by it for a pizza shop curry to be honest.

On the plus side, the quality of meat they use is the best of the best but their curries are just shite.

Hopefully figuratively, not literally. 😀

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

ETA Mirch Masala was previously Omar Khayyam and the one which used to be below what is now Indian by Nature was called Shimla House.

What ever happened to Shezan Tandoori in Glasgow Road?