The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

11 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Celtic & The Rangers will have switched off mentally. 
Possibly a good time to play them.

I don’t think either will win all of their last three, so someone will pick up what is (sadly) seen as “bonus points”.

The Rangers at home in the last game is as good as time to play them as any.

Rangers have a good few players heading out the door. They may down tools or may decide to end their time with a positive performance. These games are hit and miss. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

When the directors put a ban on Alan from the stadium and he said he would take legal action this was only going to go one way . It's going to get messy can see big changes at board room level when all this is played out in court. Sad it's got to come to this . 

what changes can you see?which heads are going to roll?

Could someone going to the AGM please ask if SMiSA intend consulting with members (or the club plans to consult with fans) over this B team Conference nonsense - and if not, why not? They have had, and still have, plenty of time to arrange an online vote.

22 minutes ago, Stu said:

Could someone going to the AGM please ask if SMiSA intend consulting with members (or the club plans to consult with fans) over this B team Conference nonsense - and if not, why not? They have had, and still have, plenty of time to arrange an online vote.

Too busy with their petty infighting.

57 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Yes, I agree. But equally, Hibs could also beat the OF

With Hearts v Hibs on last day, that Hearts equaliser on Saturday is so costly

But it’s not over yet. I have hope we can get this to the last day 

Ultimately you’re probably right.

Flynn needs to explain WTF he was doing. Ludicrous penalty to give away. 

Without it, being one point behind the Edinburgh two put you right in the mix, but I’m sure you’re well aware of that.

Whilst here, what’s Ryan Strain’s contractual situation. We’re looking for a new right wing back 😉

9 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Ultimately you’re probably right.

Flynn needs to explain WTF he was doing. Ludicrous penalty to give away. 

Without it, being one point behind the Edinburgh two put you right in the mix, but I’m sure you’re well aware of that.

Whilst here, what’s Ryan Strain’s contractual situation. We’re looking for a new right wing back 😉

Another 12 months.

Get the cheque book out.

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

How much do you think Saints would be looking for with just 12 months left? 

Depends how many clubs will be in for him.

From what I hear, there are a few from down south.

10 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Think a “bidding war” is a myth.

if Saints accept a bid, other interested clubs will just match it.

The “bidding war” is over the players terms. 

True. It's not the number of clubs.

However, championship clubs have more money to spend, so we'll no doubt have higher figure in mind than if it was just Scottish clubs or League 1 or 2.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

From FB...

"Alan Wardrop has just issued a statement to the members of the 1877 club:

1877 Club Update

Monday 15th May, 2023 at 17.05 (after the Smisa election voting closed)

Dear 1877 Club Member

You will no doubt be aware that I have been banned from the stadium by the St.Mirren Board of Directors.

Therefore, I believe this would be the right juncture to hand things over to a new committee of 1877 Club members to take the club forward. I welcome any interested member to get in touch and I will set up an initial meeting to take it forward.

However, I also need to make you aware of a board plan to take away the kids zone in the 1877 club affecting 21 of our junior members and their parents and replace it with a sensory room.

Personally, I think a sensory room is a great idea but I think the area under consideration is wholly inappropriate due to the close proximity to a noisy and fun supporters club.

I have suggested what I believe is a far better location situated between the family stand and west stand corner where I had been working on building executive boxes. This area already has planning permission and could provide an excellent sensory room with dedicated access and fantastic views.

However, I now think this is getting personal and I believe this is the start of the dismantling of the 1877 Supporters Club to be eventually replaced by additional corporate hospitality and the club moved to an outdoor venue such as a fans zone.

If this proposal continues I would hate it to be because of me, so I will end my roles as club host and membership Manager as soon as a committee can be formed. Please contact me if you are interested in forming part of this 6 person (my suggestion) committee.

Our club Chairman John Needham, an 1877 club member. contacted me at very short notice requesting I pass on all your personal information to him as football club Chairman which I chose not to do. Your personal information was supplied to the 1877 club and requires your permission for it to be passed from one organisation to another organisation, albeit closely linked. The 1877 club is an independent supporters club , therefore the football club has no right to your personal information without your consent .If you wish me to pass your data to Mr Needham as club Chairman please email me with your consent and I will pass it on in due course.

The current situation is a sad state of affairs and if you want your voice heard please email club Chairman john.needham@smisa.com or john.needham@stmirren.com

As I am banned I will not be attending the last game of the season but will pass on the POTY trophies to be awarded by the SLO’s who do a wonderful job as volunteers and I would like to highlight their efforts. I also have new membership cards ready for collection, so perhaps someone (new committee member) can organise their distribution at the same end of season home game.

Finally, this e mail gives me the opportunity to share a few wee secrets with you that only a few of my closest friends know. All the financing of the POTY trophies, buying memorabilia for display in the club, buying junior members Christmas gifts, buying food and drinks for members as a thank you for their support during Covid and providing the Buddy Bus service for free have all been at my expense.

Life has been good to me so I try to give it back to the people I care about, you, my fellow buddies.

Hope to see you all at away games in the future and thank you for making the 1877 Club the St.Mirren supporters club I dreamed of.

Best wishes

Alan Wardrop"

I can't take it. 

It's just too much cringe!!!!!

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I can't take it. 

It's just too much cringe!!!!!

I made the mistake of posting on B &W Army.

I've already attracted the attention of one of the "we're doomed" crew .:(

I really should show more restraint. 

Aside from anything else, the idea of expanding hospitality and creating an outdoor fan zone for any registered supporter and not just 1877/SMISA members is not a bad thing in any way but I'm sure it is if you think you own the 1877.

Also, very modest of him suggesting it will take six members to fully replace him.

Fucking hell. It's like something out of David Brent's mouth.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Aside from anything else, the idea of expanding hospitality and creating an outdoor fan zone for any registered supporter and not just 1877/SMISA members is not a bad thing in any way but I'm sure it is if you think you own the 1877.

Also, very modest of him suggesting it will take six members to fully replace him.

Fucking hell. It's like something out of David Brent's mouth.

And why does he

set out every

sentence in his statement

as a new

paragraph ?