The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, Colkitto said:

We won't see you next season that's how. You will be relegated and we'll be promoted. Let that sink in! 

I used to think all that talk about Greenockians being on hallucinogens was just banter. 

1 minute ago, McG said:

I usually agree with most of your posts etc mate but he’s miles off it, doesn’t command his box and just looks shite. Mark Ridgers type signing. 

Robinson isn’t daft though and will know he isn’t good enough after 2-3 games and he will be quickly replaced.

I'm certain he's not as good as Carson, but I don't think, on my viewing, albeit it was somewhat limited by the Tinpot TV experience, that he looked that bad.

I would prefer him to be back up to someone better also. However, we are where we are at present.

Although, if you cast your mind back, similar criticism was being levelled at Carson at the start of last season. That turned out O.K.

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

We won't see you next season that's how. You will be relegated and we'll be promoted. Let that sink in! 

You and you’re 1800 fans at a home game 😂

1 minute ago, McG said:

When was the last time you played in the premier league? A mid championship plodder outfit is your limit. Let that sink in!

1988. Here are their top flight heroes. I think we were in the European Cup Winners Cup that season.

I got married in 1988, that’s how fcuking long ago it is. Let that sink in.

1ED312A9-2773-4D77-B467-68834D04F266.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Try soap... instead of the drugs

Edited by medals

Perhaps we should pile a load of money on Morten to win the league? 

Surely guaranteed after scudding a top 6 team in a pre season kick about!

If Elvis agrees we are certainties to get relegated then what odds from McBookie for a double that one of the soap dodgers predicts.  

Think there were a few positives to take from today as well as negatives.

Boyd Munce looked excellent. He'll be an important player for us this season.

On the right side of the pitch, once they get an understanding, McMenamin, Strain and Kiltie should be a pain in the arse for opposition defences. All three are technically very good.

Taylor at LWB looks positionally fine. His delivery and end product though, does not which just reinforces my view he shouldn't be played out there and a first choice LWB should be sounded out.

Ethan Sutherland in his 45 minutes looked impressive again in an attacking sense. Was unlucky not to score with a rasping dig that forced a good save and has a lot of confidencecgoing forward. Think it's plain to see that he's never played as a LWB though, he left massive gaps defensively and luckily Morton's right winger wasn't very good to exploit that.

Mandron looked OK when he came on but really needs to not take two too many touches when shaping up for a dig.

On the downside though, Gallagher on that performance looked like his legs might be going. He was defending through treacle at times. Though I don't know how much the double session have taken that out the legs at this point in time.

Olusanya,  I get what folk think he could bring to the team. A bit of unpredictability and chaos factor but its not to the benefit of the team. He's an awful, awful finisher and no matter how many times you find yourself in good positions through being unorthodox,  if you can't finish, you're no good.

Grieve is the opposite.  A guy who we've seen in the past is a good finisher but he's looked more and more like he's actually regressing in terms of his overall play and contribution. He's turned in nothing performances for months and today, looked absolutely lost and never once got himself into a dangerous or goalscoring position and thats been case with him for months. A real shame as I had been seeing progress in his first year with the club but that seems to have just fallen away. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we'd be open to moving him on at this stage.

Nowhere near panic stations yet though. Still a lot of shaking and moving to be done both in and out you feel.

Edited by djchapsticks

These games are fitness exercises nothing more. 

Do we have elements of our side that are in need of improvement? Totally. 

Would still like a left back, a striker, right sided centre half and a creative midfielder. 

We need to get the Carson situation resolved. This can't rumble on into the new season. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We are going to shit the bed with this league cup group aren't we? 😂😂😂.

In all seriousness I was hoping the annual meltdown could have been avoided this summer after what happened last season. 

Pretty much why I avoid friendlies now, they are brutal and mainly for the manager to tinker about and see who's up to scratch, who's not, experiment with a few things.

Yep, it's nice to win pre season games but they mean very little to how your league campaign will go. We got scudded 3-0 by Morton in a pre season game last season and did ok when the league started.

Time to let the guys who aren’t cutting it go out on loan if not for good. This might help us free up enough cash for a player who actually might bag a few. It’s no use being a 4 goal a season striker and last season we know this was our Achilles heel

Just now, Colkitto said:

You better hope the manager has a better keeper to come in, cause that keeper today was shite. Let that sink in!

The only thing sinking in here is your attempt to be relevant in a Scottish top flight football forum. 

Enjoy your win in a pre season kick about.