The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The passes from Strain and Jamieson for Stav’s two goals were both excellent. 

The timing of Stav's runs were perfection. Makes a change from our forwards usually going too soon and being flagged offside.

Easy to forget that Stav is just 20 and has moved across the world to a different country and culture. Wouldn't be a surprise if, up until last week, he was still living with his mum and dad.

By the sounds of it, we've got a great dressing room who will look after him, but those goals yesterday will really help the process of settling in. Any apprehension he had last week will have dissipated and he'll be buzzing for training tomorrow and the game on Tuesday.

5 hours ago, AW saint said:

The elbow on Olusanya. What are folks thoughts on it. I was thinking a certain red card and would have been if VAR had been used.

Definite red card for me, our officials are just very poor. I know it’s a difficult job and easy to always blame the ref, but he got that one all  wrong.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I just posted links to the goals in the "Domestic Cup Football" section.

Can anyone who was at the game confirm how many big Yardley breakfasts the Arbroath keeper managed?

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Definite red card for me, our officials are just very poor. I know it’s a difficult job and easy to always blame the ref, but he got that one all  wrong.

Couldn’t understand why the main stand linesman didn’t pick it up.  He must have seen it.  

Mind you, about 5 minutes before it he was giving Robinson a finger wagging dressing down for him complaining about a bad challenge.  

I was sitting just behind the dugout and the linesman seemed super pissed off with him.  

28 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Interesting to see if we finally bring in the mystery striker this week. 

Fingers crossed Kiltie and strain's knocks are not as bad as looked yesterday. 

Kiltie looked in a lot of pain. 

Robbo said in the post match interview Strain should be fine. Kiltie will probably get a scan tomorrow to see how bad it is.Flynn and Baccus should be back this week aswell

If the mystery man is Cosgrove then he was on loan at Plymouth and scored 8 in 33 appearances last season. 
A 2 million signing from Aberdeen to Birmingham where he had 15 appearances. 
Id imagine there will be a good few clubs looking at a loan deal for him. 

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

If the mystery man is Cosgrove then he was on loan at Plymouth and scored 8 in 33 appearances last season. 
A 2 million signing from Aberdeen to Birmingham where he had 15 appearances. 
Id imagine there will be a good few clubs looking at a loan deal for him. 

Is he coming back from an injury.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

I'd also be interested to know if we've ever had a player who has come on, for a debut, into a competitive game and scored a brace of goals? I'm sure we've had players do similar in pre-season friendlies, and we've seen players come in and score a goal in their debut, but two of them? From the subs bench? In a competitive game? There will be someone but I can't think of one at the mo.

not from the bench but macavennie scored two on his debut v airdrie

from the bench but not a debut alan logan got 3 v thistle when we fought back from 0-2 to win 3-2

Didn't Mar Yardley score twice on his debut (again, not as a sub) against Hamilton in the game that Iain Nicolson was red carded because of that play acting wee c*nt ars*h*le w*nker Paul F*ck*ng Hartley ?

Just now, Wilbur said:

Didn't Mar Yardley score twice on his debut (again, not as a sub) against Hamilton in the game that Iain Nicolson was red carded because of that play acting wee c*nt ars*h*le w*nker Paul F*ck*ng Hartley ?

John Boyd got the other that day. I can't think of any who fit all the crietria.

Torfason scored twice at Lesser Hampden in his first game but it wasn't off the bench or competitive.

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think you're right about Yardley, but Nicolson wouldn't have been there at that point. I think it was Paul McIntyre that Hartley got send off, although something is telling me Stuart Taylor?

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This one?

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1995&GameID=199509230