The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 minutes ago, Div said:

There is no chance anyone is coming into the squad and replacing Scott Tanser, unless he's injured.

I took that line to be the only way they could crib the word Rangers into the tweet they made about the potential signing.

A bit like the other day when the Record tweeted about "former Rangers hero Duncan Ferguson shovelling snow off the Inverness Caley Thistle pitch"

Absolute fucking melts.

Aye.

Prior to the KO of the Dumbarton v Rangers cup game at the weekend, a pundit on Sportsound referred to a Dumbarton player (keeper maybe) having once been on Rangers books, and how he would be looking to "impress his former employers"....

Edited by Drooper

1 hour ago, Div said:

There is no chance anyone is coming into the squad and replacing Scott Tanser, unless he's injured.

I took that line to be the only way they could crib the word Rangers into the tweet they made about the potential signing.

A bit like the other day when the Record tweeted about "former Rangers hero Duncan Ferguson shovelling snow off the Inverness Caley Thistle pitch"

Absolute fucking melts.

Or yesterday's news about "ex-Rangers coach" Tommy Wilson.

1 hour ago, Drooper said:

Aye.

Prior to the KO of the Dumbarton v Rangers cup game at the weekend, a pundit on Sportsound referred to a Dumbarton player (keeper maybe) having once been on Rangers books, and how he would be looking to "impress his former employers"....

The top story on Saints page that morning was about the possibility of Gallagher Lennon playing for Dumbarton against Rangers so they also got Neil Lennon & Celtic into the story - bliss!

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I see that less than 24 hours before our game this weekend, there is still no match thread.

Is that a measure of how much we're all looking forward to it? 😬

No one looks forward to games against the arse cheeks do they ?

They are simply to be tolerated.

3 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Have I missed something? Why we arsed about a Rangers player’s state?

Twice we have tried to get him on loan and he is available on loan again.

Liklihood is he will leave there permanently before too long also.

Edited by medals

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

😂

Keep us posted 😂

I haven't seen it posted on here but there were posts considering him as a potential signing for us.

Am I missing something?  (Apart from a brain)

Edited by medals

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Or yesterday's news about "ex-Rangers coach" Tommy Wilson.

I wonder whether anyone has put on their CV……

Former face painter at Rangers (unpaid)

Fcuk it - I might do it for a laugh. 

I think you have to be pleased with our transfer window:

Forward line freshened up with Scott in / Greive out.

The problems of Strain's injury and Keanu's extended absence addressed by signing Elvis and Kwon.

Small's departure covered by the signing of Brown.

The staff have done well. We really are a well-run outfit at the moment. Also fortunate (touch wood) that we haven't lost any key players. Last season it was Erhahon, the previous season was McGrath.

Jurgen Klopp could be available at the end of the season. Just thinking he might be worth considering if we happen to be on the lookout for a gaffer at that time.

Well, might as well add to the lunacy.

🤪 🤪 🤪