The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

A shame if we've missed out but if there were funds to make a serious offer for Van Veen those funds will still be there and hopefully we have a decent plan B!

4 minutes ago, Div said:

A shame if we've missed out but if there were funds to make a serious offer for Van Veen those funds will still be there and hopefully we have a decent plan B!

No ifs about it we have .

I was quite torn on Van Veen, as I'm not really sure he would fit us or we would get the best out of him. He's 32, hasn't played in a while and is getting punted 6 months into his stint at a new club. Still, he was so good last season it would have been difficult not to get excited, and I don't really want him signing for one of our rivals. I feel he will do well at Killie, but would have been crap for us.

8 minutes ago, Div said:

Can't see anyone come in now. If the Van Veen deal is dead we will go with what we have. 

21 minutes ago, Div said:

Get the feeling that we'll be done for the window if it doesn't come off and this was more a stab in the dark than anything.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Get the feeling that we'll be done for the window if it doesn't come off and this was more a stab in the dark than anything.

What I was thinking. Both Killie and Dundee have made serious bids for top 6 football with this window. 

50 minutes ago, Div said:

Tony Watt...

20 minutes ago, AW saint said:

What I was thinking. Both Killie and Dundee have made serious bids for top 6 football with this window. 

Yes the goals win games and we have strikers who are all decent but don’t really score 

13 hours ago, Molotov said:

No thank you. I’d rather stick with what we have. His wages are way too high imho. 

Wasn't serious, my memory is we've signed a number of strikers late on in the January Window (an Israeli a few years ago?) and none of them have made significant contributions - I'm OK on missing out on KvV.

I say it time to stick...

Edited by btb

29 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Yes the goals win games and we have strikers who are all decent but don’t really score