The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

10 hours ago, Drifter said:

Hi all, just after a bit of advice, if you can help. I collect rare 80s and 90s shirts and have the chance to get this St Mirren stunner from 96-97.

It's a size large, seems to be in superb condition and I was just wondering what the rarity and value of it would be as I don't want to be paying over the odds. Cheers

St Mirren 96-97 L .jpeg

St Mirren 96-97 L 4.jpeg

Pretty rare. It's one of the few I don't have of the era and it's one of my favourites into the bargain.

Hard to put a price on it though, think collectors who are also supporters would attach more sentiment to it and pay higher than you run of the mill old shirt collector.

It is an absolute beauty though.  Both kits that season were.

13 hours ago, AW saint said:

A few injuries and sickness has hit the squad before tomorrow. Ayunga and MOH out and doubts about Gogic, Kiltie and Scott. 

Squad really stretched for game against Livi. 

Can only hope we can get 3pts

Just gave Robinson interview a wee listen  bit of a worry with these injuries saying that we have a decent squad so a chance for others. Reading the match day thread looks like Livie have their fare share of injuries also.  Setting off at 10am this morning here is hoping the return journey is a happy one. 

8 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I hope we win, OBVIOUSLY...  but we could get gubbed 5 0 and still finish 4th. 

It's just 3 points. 

A long way to go.  

You are totally correct.

Livi have given us 2 hard games already and we were fortunate to draw with them in the 1st one.

Yet, they are not very good week in week out since.

Ideally a good confidence boosting win before we face the Fakes.

12 hours ago, AW saint said:

Grieve on the bench for Dundee Utd. I can't see him returning to us. 

If Hemming leaves I would go for Raith's keeper. He looks the part

Seriously. I thought he was awful. His flapping at every cross was embarrassing. 

12 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the 2 PCAs is Liam Kelly.

Hasn't worked under Robinson, but is out-of-contract and his younger brother is our 3rd choice goalie.....

Not having a great season, but still only 28 and a recent Scotland cap.

Not having a great season is an understatement of the highest order.

He’s having diabolical season and his confidence looks shot to bits. 

Motherwell fans want him dropped. 

27 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Hasn't worked under Robinson, but is out-of-contract and his younger brother is our 3rd choice goalie.....

Vastly underperforming and (allegedly) vastly overpaid.

No thanks.

30 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I'm sure the story is Robinson is the one who signed Kelly for us but resigned before the window actually opened.

I think most of us would be pretty happy if you got him.

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Vastly underperforming and (allegedly) vastly overpaid.

No thanks.

So was Zander Clark with us when we were struggling defensively...

A bit of a boring first half so far. We are getting balls into the box but they are clearing them no bother. 

Admitedly as i type this,  we missed an absolute sitter! At face value looked harder to miss the goal than to go over the bar! Goalkeeper saved and spilled it. Our player with nobody on him puts it over.

1-0 down at halftime. Tbh, Livi have taken their chances. Hit the post earlier too. We just seem to have nothing going on near the box that's dangerous. Dont think Mandron has got on the end of one cross this whole half against their defence. 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Robinson dragged out of the crowd by Gogic at the end. Someone must have said something out of order as he was fully trying to get into the crowd after somebody.

He should save that for the players, very few pass marks today………Tanser and Gogic and maybe Marcus.
Elvis, CBM were meh and everyone else was poor.

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Robinson dragged out of the crowd by Gogic at the end. Someone must have said something out of order as he was fully trying to get into the crowd after somebody.

Our fans really can be absolute Fannies at times ! 

29 minutes ago, Torfason said:

He should save that for the players, very few pass marks today………Tanser and Gogic and maybe Marcus.
Elvis, CBM were meh and everyone else was poor.

Even so Madron should have had 2 goals, Scott etc. There's playing bad and there's not taking sitters.

Edited by medals