The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

27 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

He was good and defo can be mentioned in the same breath as the others. But for me Hladky was the best of the three. Where are they now though?

Hladky playing every week for Ipswich who are still in with a shout for automatic promotion to EPL. 

The next week will tell us exactly where we are at.

We really need to be looking for 4pts minimum against County and Aberdeen given the form of those two teams.

Tomorrow night is the sort of game that has killed us a bit both this season and last. It's not going to be easy but if we want European football it's the sort of game we simply can't be losing.

One game at a time, control the controllables and all that 🙂

17 hours ago, Silvio said:

There really was some mental comments online in the summer when he left. 

It was either here or twitter where someone suggested Carson was the best out of him, Hladky and Alnwick. Bat shit stuff. 

Carson couldn’t lace Hladkys boots. Alnwick is comfortably a better keeper than Carson. 
Zach is also a better keeper than Carson.

19 minutes ago, Div said:

The next week will tell us exactly where we are at.

We really need to be looking for 4pts minimum against County and Aberdeen given the form of those two teams.

Tomorrow night is the sort of game that has killed us a bit both this season and last. It's not going to be easy but if we want European football it's the sort of game we simply can't be losing.

One game at a time, control the controllables and all that 🙂

This, plus whoever is playing Killie and Dundee, please beat the chunts. 🙃

Edit. It’s the uglies, on Wednesday. Right, you ‘Old Firm’ wallopers. Don’t fcuk this up. 😄

Edited by pozbaird

17 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Chris Kane scored a pen against us so I’m not having that. 

No he didnt.

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

Like every Saints supporter, I know the club can find some of the most creative ways possible to kick us in the stones............. so talk of top 6 and then maybe Europe should be banned until the split and then the end of the season 😎

If we win tonight it pretty much cements our top six. Next ambition is 4th if successful look your passport out. 

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

Like every Saints supporter, I know the club can find some of the most creative ways possible to kick us in the stones............. so talk of top 6 and then maybe Europe should be banned until the split and then the end of the season 😎

I think dreaming about top 6 and Europe at this stage is actually fine. 

However, I’d draw the line at any chat about which “minnows” we’d like to gub in the qualifying rounds and what our preferred destinations would be in the group stages. 😄

8 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

If we win tonight it pretty much cements our top six. Next ambition is 4th if successful look your passport out. 

Wouldn't cement it but a win tomorrow and a few well placed results elsewhere, then a win or draw against Aberdeen on Saturday would make it exceptionally difficult for us to end up in bottom six, especially as Aberdeen and Dundee play each other twice in their last 6 fixtures so something will have to give there.

Torn between "One game at a time" and that we must at least  match Killie over the next two game so that a win on March 16 would see us leapfrog them in the table.

I think we have a hard run before the split as we play 2nd, 3rd and 4th plus Motherwell away. We really need points off Ross County and Aberdeen games as Hibs have a far more favourable fixture list on paper with Ross County twice, St Johnstone and Livi. 

56 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I think we have a hard run before the split as we play 2nd, 3rd and 4th plus Motherwell away. We really need points off Ross County and Aberdeen games as Hibs have a far more favourable fixture list on paper with Ross County twice, St Johnstone and Livi. 

Nah we play 2nd, 3rd and 5th. 😉