The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Those were an incredible few minutes however for me the second goal celebrations were slightly diminished by a gut feeling that VAR may find a way to intervene and disallow the goal. 

I did celebrate but it was a bit less “involved” than United, Fir Park, Ayr, etc. 

I’m sure I’m not the only one in the ground who thought the SFA VAR shitehawks will find a way to disallow that goal. 

Incredible scenes nonetheless. 

Happy Monday everybody!

The squad going into training today will be happy as fcuk. 

Understand where you are coming from but I was losing my voice screaming, jumping up and down uncontrollably AND some of the screaming was intertwined with shouting at my mates "don't let them steal it from us! Please don't steal it from us!" :D

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Those were an incredible few minutes however for me the second goal celebrations were slightly diminished by a gut feeling that VAR may find a way to intervene and disallow the goal. 

I did celebrate but it was a bit less “involved” than United, Fir Park, Ayr, etc. 

I’m sure I’m not the only one in the ground who thought the SFA VAR shitehawks will find a way to disallow that goal. 

Incredible scenes nonetheless. 

Happy Monday everybody!

The squad going into training today will be happy as fcuk. 

I was the same. I was convinced Olusanya was offside so was waiting for the inevitable VAR review and was a bit surprised there wasn't a check. It wasn't until watching Sportscene that I realised some Aberdeen idiot had inexplicably decided to stand on the post and play everyone onside.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

It wasn't until watching Sportscene that I realised some Aberdeen idiot had inexplicably decided to stand on the post and play everyone onside.

the best of it was he moved from a position in the 6 yard box to go to the line.if he’d have stayed where he was the flag would have went up for offside 😂

it’s amazing what a good victory can do for the town.it was absolutely bouncing on sat night 🍻

4 hours ago, Kempes said:

I noticed that too. Have you changed your mind on Miovski now? 😉

Not a bit. Aberdeen collectively shit the bed, not just Miovski. Shinnie nearly gave himself a heart attack with all his screaming and screaming at his team-mates, but he did fcuk-all to stop the goal either. The boy who inexplicably dropped back to play Toyosi onside keeched his scrunts too. Nah, Miovski is a player. Even if he did clart his nappy and fall over. Christ knows, I’ve seen plenty St Mirren players fall over after being unable to trap a bag of cement. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Not a bit. Aberdeen collectively shit the bed, not just Miovski. Shinnie nearly gave himself a heart attack with all his screaming and screaming at his team-mates, but he did fcuk-all to stop the goal either. The boy who inexplicably dropped back to play Toyosi onside keeched his scrunts too. Nah, Miovski is a player. Even if he did clart his nappy and fall over. Christ knows, I’ve seen plenty St Mirren players fall over after being unable to trap a bag of cement. 😀

Who was the striker we had whose second touch was always a tackle?

8 hours ago, Ric said:

It's definitely concerning, or at least it should be concerning to the SFA (and/or SPFL) that it took a couple of minutes to correct a flawed decision by the official. What's more, it should be concerning that the official got what was a fairly clear penalty decision wrong. The fact they judged that as being out of the box when both players were in it when the offence took place only shows the 'weak link' of VAR. Not the technology, but the officials who literally are incapable of judging correctly what is happening on the pitch.

The fact it was corrected is the main saving grace here, but for me, once again this is human error, nothing to do with the technical aspects of VAR.

From our view in the West it looked outside the box. Everyone around us thought the same. I was genuinely surprised when I saw it on tv how clearly it was inside. Think the angles have a lot to do with it.

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

From our view in the West it looked outside the box. Everyone around us thought the same. I was genuinely surprised when I saw it on tv how clearly it was inside. Think the angles have a lot to do with it.

You are right, angles definitely make a difference.

On the flip side, the ref blew, so he must have seen the incident, and if he saw the incident he must have seen it's location. There's also the official on that side of the pitch. I'm not sure if the ref blew for a freekick knowing that VAR would look at it again, and I'm not sure if I'm happy if that is the case. Even though I support VAR to correct these sorts of decisions.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

You are right, angles definitely make a difference.

On the flip side, the ref blew, so he must have seen the incident, and if he saw the incident he must have seen it's location. There's also the official on that side of the pitch. I'm not sure if the ref blew for a freekick knowing that VAR would look at it again, and I'm not sure if I'm happy if that is the case. Even though I support VAR to correct these sorts of decisions.

They just don't seem inclined to make the big calls with VAR at their back. You see it week in week out now. It's still nowhere near the levels of incompetence shown by the lino who flagged Toyo off v Dundee. 

40 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Going by the Killie website, it looks like 600-700 away tickets have been sold already for Rugby Park.

Block 3 (middle one on the top tier) sold out so blocks 2 and 4 on either side now open.

Think there could be a shout of most of the top tier being sold out.

Just bought 7 tickets there .

Justice done after that 2 footed pen in the 100th minute last time.....Warnock didn't see us scoring in a million years and he should know going by his tactics 🙄