The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Not long till the draw. Got to hope we get the through the first round

What odds the "coffin draw" of Kups / Tromso. Iceland only worse as we have the added issue of not knowing if we will get through. 

Fitba wise probably our best chance mind.

Edited by Billy Jean King

KuPS will also be another ticketgate as although their stadium holds 5000, only 2700 are seated so I think that's all that they can use in Europe. 

Also, it's over 4 hours in the train from Helsinki which itself isn't cheap to get to either and the beer won't be chea...we're going to get them if we go through aren't we? 🤦

Edited by saintmurn

19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know it’s only a natural curiosity thing and we’re not really doing anything wrong, but this has a horrible “getting ahead of ourselves” feel to it. 🤣🤣

Absofuckenlutely.

We’ve seen this movie play out so many times in the past especially in cup competitions.

Now gies a signing St Murn.

Just now, pozbaird said:

Ach, it’s not seriously thinking Valur will be a doddle, it’s just enjoying the ‘what if’ ride.

Insert Kenneth Williams gif.

Valur will be a pure skoosh. As will Go Ahead Eagles or Brann Bergen. 
I’m just annoyed they’re no doing the play off draw tae. 😄

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Valur will be a pure skoosh. As will Go Ahead Eagles or Brann Bergen. 
I’m just annoyed they’re no doing the play off draw tae. 😄

They just made it…

8B33D8B7-CD0A-4215-A243-FEB426746C30.jpeg

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Ach, it’s not seriously thinking Valur will be a doddle, it’s just enjoying the ‘what if’ ride.

Insert Kenneth Williams gif.

Absolutely.

It gives us a break from discussing how poor we were in our Premier cup group games.

Although after Thursday we may have a similar discussion based on a performance in Iceland.:whistle

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

We would get 500 tickets max for GAE as capacity just 10k. Another massive ticket scramble. Brann won't be an issue 

Is that not just the minimum amount we would (hopefully) get, re UEFA rules. Could get more

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Absolutely.

It gives us a break from discussing how poor we were in our Premier cup group games.

Although after Thursday we may have a similar discussion based on a performance in Iceland.:whistle

Fingers X. Decent result, ramp up the feelgood factor for a sold-out SMiSA. We’re always fcuking brilliant with the feelgood factor behind us. 😜

3 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

Is that not just the minimum amount we would (hopefully) get, re UEFA rules. Could get more

They average 9.5k plus in the league, we will get the minimum. Virtually sell out every game

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

They average 9.5k plus in the league, we will get the minimum. Virtually sell out every game

I'm sure there's still some negotiating to go on as it also depends if they want just the minimum at our stadium too. I'd imagine they'll take a decent away support so would want more than 396 tickets at our ground.