The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That was my understanding too.

Wikipedia has been known to be wrong mind. 

That’s true, but looking at the calibre of the teams that enter at the play-off stage along with the teams that drop down as losing at the Europa League third qualifying stage, I can’t see a way that either ourselves or Brann could be seeded. 

Just another word on the performance last night and to highlight how well we played, at the game I was raving to my Dad about how well Adeniran was playing in midfield, first half especially, and obviously O’ Hara had an absolute stormer too. But talking to my pals today I’ve heard Balcombe, Brown, Idowu, Olusanya, Rooney and Taylor all getting singled out for praise from different people. It really was a proper performance last night, still buzzing about the whole occasion and the team delivered when it mattered most. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

4 hours ago, Jersey Bud said:

Yep,

Me and the other Jersey poster on here were straight onto that after the game last night.

Norwegian Airways Gatwick to Bergen Wed-Fri only £210 each return.

edited to say just checked and both direct flights to Bergen from Gatwick on the Wednesday are now sold out. 

Please use my full title in future when referring to me on here.

I don’t like being referred to as “the other Jersey poster on here”.

Makes me sound much less important than I actually am. 

Thank you.

29 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Club taking the piss by putting the prices up again. Could lose a lot of goodwill from the fans. 

I’m not against an extra few quid for momentous events such as this. It’s a great opportunity for our club to make a much needed extra few thousand.

Dundee Utd charging £32 for the Dundee derby. Now THAT is taking the piss. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Please use my full title in future when referring to me on here.

I don’t like being referred to as “the other Jersey poster on here”.

Makes me sound much less important than I actually am. 

Thank you.

Full title? Jersey C”nt?

why are the away tickets being sold to season ticket holders only?

If there are spare tickets why not put them on general sale to the rest of us who go to plenty of home and away matches but doesn't suit to have a season ticket.

I get season ticket holders getting 1st shout at them but why no general sale after?

4 minutes ago, dylan_leggatt said:

why are the away tickets being sold to season ticket holders only?

If there are spare tickets why not put them on general sale to the rest of us who go to plenty of home and away matches but doesn't suit to have a season ticket.

I get season ticket holders getting 1st shout at them but why no general sale after?

Well there obviously will be if the tickets aren’t all taken up by STHs.

4 hours ago, Jersey Bud said:

Yep,

Me and the other Jersey poster on here were straight onto that after the game last night.

Norwegian Airways Gatwick to Bergen Wed-Fri only £210 each return.

edited to say just checked and both direct flights to Bergen from Gatwick on the Wednesday are now sold out. 

We booked a cheap £30 each single 06:45 Glasgow to Gatwick
Single 11:00 Gatwick to Bergen via Stavanger and Oslo
Single 16:10 Bergen to Glasgow via Oslo and Frankfurt 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oooft. That’s a proper tour 🤣🤣

Sure is lol. I'd taken Divs advice on an alternative, if Glasgow flights rocketed to get a cheap single to London.
Fly out Weds back Friday night.

We have booked a city centre hotel today too :)

Edited by smellthepaw

1 hour ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Flights bought, Newcastle/Bergen.  Loganair are thieving b*****ds but averaged out over the last 37 years of following Saints round Europe I think I’ve got a bargain. 

That is almost a blasphemy, what other airline provides you with Tunnocks Caramel Wafers....that's almost worth the fare alone!!

We're flying Edinburgh-Bergen via Sumburgh on Wednesday and directly home from Bergen to Edinburgh on the Saturday, Loganair obviously.

For the non-season ticket holders, even if we sell our allocation, similar to what they offered ahead of the Brann v Go Ahead Eagles game, I reckon Brann will offer a service where you can contact them in advance saying you want a ticket then turn up at the ground on the day of the game and they'll let you buy a ticket next to the away section. 

Edited by saintmurn

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I believe the winner of our tie will be seeded and will therefore avoid Chelsea.

If Go Ahead had put Brann out, that would have been the case as they would have been the highest seeded team.

As it is though we are in the unseeded part of the draw and could pull any of the big boys out the hat but then could also potentially draw winner of Omonia/Fehevar, Sheriff Tiraspol/Olimpija Ljublana or Mlada Boleslav/Hapoel Be'er Sheva - so not every seeded team is a big side on paper.

1 hour ago, tam the bud said:

Club taking the piss by putting the prices up again. Could lose a lot of goodwill from the fans. 

Nah, they won’t. It’s went up by less than the price of a Costa medium size coffee. The club will have to once more charter Bruce Dickenson and Ed Force One to fly them in and out of Brannflake International. It all costs.

The Chelsea tickets will be £50, fcuk knows what the Wroclaw final briefs will cost us.

Easy the Mirren.

Edited by pozbaird

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If Go Ahead had put Brann out, that would have been the case as they would have been the highest seeded team.

As it is though we are in the unseeded part of the draw and could pull any of the big boys out the hat but then could also potentially draw winner of Omonia/Fehevar, Sheriff Tiraspol/Olimpija Ljublana or Mlada Boleslav/Hapoel Be'er Sheva - so not every seeded team is a big side on paper.

Fair enough, cheers for clarifying.

Looking like Aberdeen>Stavanger>Bergen for me.  Out Wednesday AM back Friday PM. 

Nae cheap(£350) but this doesn't happen too often.  Air BnB not too bad at least.  Just about exhausted all domestic goodwill and financial resources on fitbaw following this summer! 🫣😆🐼🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿