The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I host the club website so I've dealt with some of the issues this morning.

The hosting infrasrtucture the site is/was on is simply not equipped to deal with the level of traffic that hit it this morning. We had well over 3000 users trying to get on at pretty much the same time just before 10am and the resources of the server got absolutely swamped.

The queue system that Future Ticketing put in place did not help the situation as all it does when users get to the end of the queue is to direct them back to the same website that users are battering to try and join the queue in the first place so it created a circle of death.

Eventually I've just massively flexed the hosting to deal with the traffic. That should ensure there is no repeat tomorrow when the away tickets go on sale.

We will flex it back down once the bump is over and learn the lesson for future big events.

Why the game is showing Sold Out or not appearing at all I cannot answer as that is all on the Future Ticketing platform which just embeds inside the club website.

Gone are the good old days when we were mediocre and getting a ticket posed no difficulties.  😜

Progress will sort out these issues and fund them and our club.

It's just great being a really decent team and club. Long may it continue.

19 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

We're going to end up with a league cup esque crowd at this game because no one outside of season ticket holders can buy a ticket. Shambles 

Nonsense, there's no doubt the game will sell out; it's clear that the website has crashed due to 1000s trying to buy tickets during the last 90 minutes.

Try again this afternoon, this evening or tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nonsense, there's no doubt the game will sell out; it's clear that the website has crashed due to 1000s trying to buy tickets during the last 90 minutes.

Try again this afternoon, this evening or tomorrow. 

I got back in for a ticket for my wife. Just as well we got it fixed

18 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Drama over. Also assume they'll release some of the North Stand like last time. Doesn't sound like Brann are bringing any more than a few hundred.

That won't happen. Too high a policing risk to half a stand with 400 or 500 away fans. We knew Valur were bringing less than 50

Right, this is going to be unpopular with the W7 boys but hear me out.

If we reach the group stage (and that's an IF as big as the letters in the Hollywood sign), then, since STs aren't valid, any away allocation (the club only needs to give 390-ish) could be placed in W7 and a very small section of W6 which would allow the whole of the North Stand for the home support. Those STHs displaced should still be able to buy a ticket before any general sale.

That would mean over 7000 seats available compared to the current 6400.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Ticket in box , buy now. Fill in details now my 6th time. Click terms and conditions. Page locks can't pay for the ticket. Been on the laptop since 10am  All I want to do is pay for the ticket. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

That won't happen. Too high a policing risk to half a stand with 400 or 500 away fans. We knew Valur were bringing less than 50

Think they are saying 270 applied for tickets. The section we gave Valur would do fine. It's a Ross County sized support.