The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

20 minutes ago, Div said:

They will always want the away end to be closest to the train station. I assume.

Suppose that's a point but for certain games there wouldn't be an issue.

2 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

Brann got an away section, but its not allowed to use in Europe so you guys get a section in the main stand.

See, there's the experience showing from a club who regularly play in Europe.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing and all that but had the club used W7/W6 or M1/M2 to create a section with 5% of the stadium capacity then there would be around 1000 more seats available to the home support.

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hindsight being a wonderful thing and all that but had the club used W7/W6 or M1/M2 to create a section with 5% of the stadium capacity then there would be around 1000 more seats available to the home support.

Your section+ the empty away section under the screen.

IMG_20240806_170644.jpg

Edited by RagaRocker

TV coverage for Thursday? Just over 48 hours to go now.

A bit odd there's nothing when, in the previous round, against a smaller side, one leg was live on BBC TV and the other available as a stream to buy.

Seems like the same situation for Kilmarnock v Tromso.

4 hours ago, Div said:

The issue with the North Stand isn't so much segregating the fans once they are in, or the catering or toilets, it's that there is only a single turnstile for entry.

They got round that for Valur by hand scanning the visiting fans and letting them access the stand through the exit.

I guess it would depend on the numbers Brann are bringing whether they could do that this time but there will be a higher security profile for this game than the previous one.

Will be a shame to have 1200 or whatever empty seats in the stadium though when demand is so high.

Still Game" Hatch (TV Episode 2005) - IMDb

39 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

TV coverage for Thursday? Just over 48 hours to go now.

A bit odd there's nothing when, in the previous round, against a smaller side, one leg was live on BBC TV and the other available as a stream to buy.

Seems like the same situation for Kilmarnock v Tromso.

Depends if anyone wants to take it on or not.

The match is ours to sell if we wish.

The BBC would probably prefer to show the Kilmarnock game to ours if both of us have offered the game to the BBC. It's unlikely that they'd show both.

I suppose there's the possibility we could sell it to Solidsport. The American guy that commentated on the Valur away game did say that if we got through there was a decent chance we'd hear from him again. Not sure whether that was for the home or away game though.

TNT own the rights for the group stages, but I doubt they'd be interested in Thursday's game for either ourselves or Killie.

I suppose the other option is, if SMTV can get their act together,  the club could stream it.

If W7 holds 5% of the stadium, then it would make sense to give that to away fans and we take all of the North stand. It’s not as if season tickets are valid, so easy peasy to give the W7 lads tickets in the North (then, finally, their banner will be accurate!)

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Even when things are going so well, we’re still very much “wee team mentality” when it comes to things like this.

Also, with the game sold out to home fans and the club owns the broadcast right, it’ll be an absolute joke if this game isn’t on telly. I know the club can’t force a broadcaster to take the game, but in the absence of that, at the very least SMTV should be showing it for the fans that can’t get tickets. 

Yuki Kobayashi getting mentioned as a loan option to us.

I know this was muted previously.

I guess it would be another CB back up.  It might mean Kenny going out on loan again too as he'd likely get more action.

11 minutes ago, medals said:

Yuki Kobayashi getting mentioned as a loan option to us.

I know this was muted previously.

I guess it would be another CB back up.  It might mean Kenny going out on loan again too as he'd likely get more action.

I'm sure I heard something.

35 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

If W7 holds 5% of the stadium, then it would make sense to give that to away fans and we take all of the North stand. It’s not as if season tickets are valid, so easy peasy to give the W7 lads tickets in the North (then, finally, their banner will be accurate!)

That would work if they put portaloos and a caravan selling hot pies in the gap between the west and north stands . Otherwise the toilets / catering would just be too busy . Likewise you could just split the family end and do what they did last week . But might have to use portaloos in the gap .

52 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I suppose the other option is, if SMTV can get their act together,  the club could stream it.

Can't imagine we got much from the BBC for Valur. Brann had 15,000 at last week's game. Capture 1/3 of them at a tenner a go on St Mirren TV and it might actually be more profitable.

BBC Scotland's loss anyway. Last Thursday, a sumptuous Mark O'Hara volley to broadcast to the masses. This Thursday, Carol in the Beechgrove allotment checking on her turnips.

Do the stadium arrangements and TV rights experts posting on here honestly think that Keith Lasley hasn't been considering all the options that have been suggested?

There are so many factors in play here, that are changing by the hour, all within in an extremely short time period, that it's well nigh impossible to make announcements/arrangements well in advance. It's frustrating, but that's the way of it.

For example, the announcement about ten minutes ago about the North stand tickets going on sale, will most likely be down to Brann getting back to us with final figures for their away fans.

The layout of our stadium doesn't help either.

Edited by FTOF

31 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Can't imagine we got much from the BBC for Valur. Brann had 15,000 at last week's game. Capture 1/3 of them at a tenner a go on St Mirren TV and it might actually be more profitable.

BBC Scotland's loss anyway. Last Thursday, a sumptuous Mark O'Hara volley to broadcast to the masses. This Thursday, Carol in the Beechgrove allotment checking on her turnips.

Match is live on tv in Norway, on VGTV.