The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Anyway, I do believe we're playing one of our most important matches in the past thirty years or so this evening....................................

Defence picks itself and will be the same as started against Valur.

Probably CBM in for O'Hara being the only change in midfield from Valur game.

Up front, if Mandron is fully fit, then we could see him replace Ayunga.

They seem to think our approach to a match is very different from their pressing game.

I think they'll be very unpleasantly surprised if that's they think that's the case.

Maybe they haven't watched us when we play teams that are perceived as being much better than us.

Having said that, we'll need a top notch performance from the team tonight.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I think you and @Billy Jean King might have missed this part of my post:

To clarify, I suggested it is not worthwhile implementing such a scheme. I merely lamented the fact that the way this has been done will have meant that some folks who travel everywhere will not see the game, and I think that's a shame given they may well have missed out on Iceland, too, and the opportunity might not arise for another few decades.

Ha ha. Fair enough mate. 👍

1 hour ago, Friskysteed said:

So, if we had a points system, you would get points if you bought away tickets through SMFC. If you PATG, you don’t. If it’s not offered by the club (RC etc) then we’re all in the same boat. 
I reckon that we would get a fairly obvious idea of who went to the majority of away games from the info gathered through SMFC ticketing. 
I also think you should get points for being a SMISA member, as there isn’t really much of a personal benefit to it as it stands  

That would assume that everybody went to all the games. 
What if one person went to 2 games where St. Mirren provided the tickets and another person went to 2 games where they didn’t?

Would it be fair that the former got points but the latter didn’t?

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Anyway, I do believe we're playing one of our most important matches in the past thirty years or so this evening....................................

Defence picks itself and will be the same as started against Valur.

Probably CBM in for O'Hara being the only change in midfield from Saturday.

Up front, if Mandron is fully fit, then we could see him replace Ayunga.

They seem to think our approach to a match is very different from their pressing game.

I think they'll be very unpleasantly surprised if that's they think that's the case.

Maybe they haven't watched us when we play teams that are perceived as being much better than us.

Having said that, we'll need a top notch performance from the team tonight.

We didn’t play on Saturday and O’Hara didn’t play on Sunday. 🤣

Club has already posted similar but the Northbank have asked if everyone can bring a scarf/flag and hold them up when the teams come out, similarly to the Hearts game end of last year. 

Birthday caird’ pish alert. Last Thursday, I was there so early (it was a lovely evening), that I was wandering outside the main stand as the Valur team bus arrived. There were about ten to fifteen St Mirren fans, including me, in the immediate area. As the Valur team walked off the bus, the Saints fans gave them high fives, fist bumps, said stuff to them like ‘welcome to Paisley’, ‘hello’, etc. The Valur team responded with ‘thank you, thank you very much’, and returned the handshakes, high fives and fist bumps.

It’s nice to be nice, and I think we gave them a proper and nice welcome.

47 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

Brann legends Charlie Miller and Robbie Winters (with his brother David) going to the game today.

Charlie Miller. I have never seen a better player play for Brann.

IMG_20240808_134259.jpg

That's given me a little bit more hope for tonight 🤣

I'm sure I saw Winters play Junior (non league semi pro) long after he returned from Norway.

Edited by Billy Jean King

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Birthday caird’ pish alert. Last Thursday, I was there so early (it was a lovely evening), that I was wandering outside the main stand as the Valur team bus arrived. There were about ten to fifteen St Mirren fans, including me, in the immediate area. As the Valur team walked off the bus, the Saints fans gave them high fives, fist bumps, said stuff to them like ‘welcome to Paisley’, ‘hello’, etc. The Valur team responded with ‘thank you, thank you very much’, and returned the handshakes, high fives and fist bumps.

It’s nice to be nice, and I think we gave them a proper and nice welcome.

What is meant by your opening 4 words?

23 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's given me a little bit more hope for tonight 🤣

I'm sure I saw Winters play Junior (non league semi pro) long after he returned from Norway.

Haha.

Think Winter did that yes. Retired in 2018.

Miller was not a regular, but still the best player. Just didnt fit into the high speed and hard working 4-4-2 back then. He is the nr 1 cult hero in Bergen. 

Sorry, off-topic.

Edited by RagaRocker

37 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

What is meant by your opening 4 words?

Sometimes, when you post something along the lines of my story on here, a response you get is the ‘Still Game Jack & Victor’ image… birthday caird’ pish. 😀

49 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Sometimes, when you post something along the lines of my story on here, a response you get is the ‘Still Game Jack & Victor’ image… birthday caird’ pish. 😀

Seen it mentioned a few times but wasn't aware...cheers.