The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Folk debating whether we're actually considering tabling a £500k offer for any player is seriously some of the dumbest shit I've seen on here in a good while.

For the avoidance of doubt, there's absolutely zero chance we are spending 500k on any one player. Let it go. It's not happening.

4 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Obsessed with the 80s aren't you.

I would say even last season we got in the group stage. Even that is something you will never have.

Talking of great teams, our reserves thrashed you on Sunday. You certainly aren't a great team. Keep on hoofing it !

Aberdeen ,Glasgow The Rangers feeder club. 

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Really?

Yeah, I thought he was decent in some games (home to Celtic in the league and vs Killie in the cup).  Hard to tell as much of stint overlapped with the Warnock era.

3 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Yeah, I thought he was decent in some games (home to Celtic in the league and vs Killie in the cup).  Hard to tell as much of stint overlapped with the Warnock era.

I thought he was big and quick but genuinely one of the least technically adept centre midfielders I'd seen.

That was playing beside Shinnie, too!

53 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I thought he was big and quick but genuinely one of the least technically adept centre midfielders I'd seen.

That was playing beside Shinnie, too!

Can't remember him at all. Robbo has the habit of improving players so if the story is true he may fit the bill. He is also Irish. Not Nothern but Robbo loves an Irish player. 

Noticed Idowu follows him on Instagram so there could be legs in this. 

Edited by AW saint

I liked the Brann press conference with Horneland and Myhre (nr8). For them, this "fair play incident" before your goal has been nothing else than ongoing match adrenaline. Coach Horneland said the Brann player shouldve been on his feet much faster and the goalie shouldve never kicked the ball out of play. They were done with it two minutes later and he said its a media thing. He was so tired of the questions.

Fits quite well to his philosophy. A very honest guy. When players are down semi-injured during training he runs onto the pitch, lifts them up and tells them to cope with the pain. 

Edited by RagaRocker

16 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

I liked the Brann press conference with Horneland and Myhre (nr8). For them, this "fair play incident" before your goal has been nothing else than ongoing match adrenaline. Coach Horneland said the Brann player shouldve been on his feet much faster and the goalie shouldve never kicked the ball out of play. They were done with it two minutes later and he said its a media thing. He was so tired of the questions.

Fits quite well to his philosophy. A very honest guy. When players are down semi-injured during training he runs onto the pitch, lifts them up and tells them to cope with the pain. 

Pretty much our management team and player's attitude too.

Although, in the extremely unlikely event that we're winning with ten minutes to go tomorrow, we might waste time in other ways.:whistle

Given our injuries and how good you were last week I'm far from confident we'll get anything from the match.

No matter what happens, it's been good to exchange views with a well balanced and sensible poster like yourself.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Pretty much our management team and player's attitude too.

Although, in the extremely unlikely event that we're winning with ten minutes to go tomorrow, we might waste time in other ways.:whistle

Given our injuries and how good you were last week I'm far from confident we'll get anything from the match.

No matter what happens, it's been good to exchange views with a well balanced and sensible poster like yourself.

Really nice tone on this forum (I mean, in this thread 😂). Im an old P&B user because I tried to follow the league(s) several years ago and also went to Tynecastle and Ibrox instead of EPL like most Norwegians do. It's nice to be back.

Tynecastle = amazing atmosphere vs Celtic.

Ibrox = rather dull atmosphere and clearly a "we will win anyway"-feeling vs Dundee Utd.

What impressed me the most was the police horses. Jesus Christ. The size.

3 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

Really nice tone on this forum (I mean, in this thread 😂). Im an old P&B user because I tried to follow the league(s) several years ago and also went to Tynecastle and Ibrox instead of EPL like most Norwegians do. It's nice to be back.

Tynecastle = amazing atmosphere vs Celtic.

Ibrox = rather dull atmosphere and clearly a "we will win anyway"-feeling vs Dundee Utd.

What impressed me the most was the police horses. Jesus Christ. The size.

It's generally a decent enough place to chat about football. Although, as you can see there are occasional incursions by halfwits from other Scottish teams support.

Feel free to pop over to Paisley for a game.

The police horses are crossbreds with a breed called Clydesdales being one of the breeds, I think.

They are massive!

Clydesdale horse - Wikipedia