The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

For all the folk who don’t rate the potential signing of KVV. Do they all have confidence in Mandron Ayunga and Scott to score enough goals in this seasons squad.

Personally I don’t but it’s still relatively early in the season with plenty of time for improvement.

All the early signs from both Mandron and Ayunga look unconvincing. Scott I think will get better, but we most definitely need a goal scorer to play alongside Olusanya.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

For all the folk who don’t rate the potential signing of KVV. Do they all have confidence in Mandron Ayunga and Scott to score enough goals in this seasons squad.

Personally I don’t but it’s still relatively early in the season with plenty of time for improvement.

All the early signs from both Mandron and Ayunga look unconvincing. Scott I think will get better, but we most definitely need a goal scorer to play alongside Olusanya.

Are the two thoughts mutually exclusive?

11 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Are Killie about to get KVV again?

2 hours till the window closes. Perhaps we will not get anyone now

Perhaps. But I assume there are still irons in the fire, otherwise I’d have thought we’d come out with the “our business is complete” statement. 

33 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Hard to fathom if KVV was the guy Robbo wanted why we are still messing around with less than 2hrs to go 🤷

Both KVV and his club were very vocal about him wanting to stay in Scotland 

This wasnt the hardest deal to do unless there was a financial reason that meant ES had to leave first ( hard to believe that though )

In the meantime we have been bombed out of both  Europe and the League cup-  so if he does eventually rock up  will he really be the difference in us getting top 6 

25 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Are Killie about to get KVV again?

2 hours till the window closes. Perhaps we will not get anyone now

Where are you reading that Killie are back in for him ? Everything I've seen suggests it's us he's dealing with. These sort of deals won't be easy where a guy on a big(ish) wage (for us anyway) is being offered presumably on an initial loan deal. I'm not really getting all the gnashing of teeth, it will happen.or we will be dealing in the free agent market where there will be plenty viable alternatives. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Where are you reading that Killie are back in for him ? Everything I've seen suggests it's us he's dealing with. These sort of deals won't be easy where a guy on a big(ish) wage (for us anyway) is being offered presumably on an initial loan deal. I'm not really getting all the gnashing of teeth, it will happen.or we will be dealing in the free agent market where there will be plenty viable alternatives. 

Couple of twitter or X rumours regarding Killie. 

Dundee Utd sign another striker

Time is marching on

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Couple of twitter or X rumours regarding Killie. 

Dundee Utd sign another striker

Time is marching on

There will be plenty free agents if we can't get deals over the line, I'm not sure time is such a big issue here

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

There will be plenty free agents if we can't get deals over the line, I'm not sure time is such a big issue here

Who may well be more match fit than Van Veen.:rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, CH01 said:

Hard to fathom if KVV was the guy Robbo wanted why we are still messing around with less than 2hrs to go 🤷

Both KVV and his club were very vocal about him wanting to stay in Scotland 

This wasnt the hardest deal to do unless there was a financial reason that meant ES had to leave first ( hard to believe that though )

In the meantime we have been bombed out of both  Europe and the League cup-  so if he does eventually rock up  will he really be the difference in us getting top 6 

Probably because Groningen are playing him very high wages allegedly. My guess is they hope another club will offer to pay a higher percentage but if not then he will come to us.

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

There will be many free agents but they are free for a reason. 

14 minutes ago, AW saint said:

There will be many free agents but they are free for a reason. 

They will be free agents for umpteen different reasons, there will be some good players amongst them regardless of how they have ended up without a club. Don't see it any bigger a "risk" than KVV would be.