The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

28 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Great news for you with Jack staying but the pressing question is, has Reilly signed or are we still in with a shout of getting him back?

Nothing official yet from the club but word I'm hearing is that it's a done deal and he'll be announced upon Jack's  return from an eventful holiday.:lol:

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Nothing official yet from the club but word I'm hearing is that it's a done deal and he'll be announced upon Jack's  return from an eventful holiday.:lol:

Jack will need another holiday after that one. 

Wonder if his missus just sent the Dundee chairman packing! 

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

"Delicious viewing", indeed. You really have a stiffy for St Mirren. I can understand why, after all being a Morton fan means your club has failed to match us on and off the park and have failed to do so for decades. In fact, from memory, Morton fans have only seen their club finish above St Mirren in the league 3 times in the last 40 years. Forty. Let's just let that sink in. Forty. That works out at 1.2% ... one point two percent. Flip that around and you have a 98.8% likeliness that St. Mirren will finish above Morton. Ninety eight, point eight. Crazy figures, just crazy figures, so you can see why some Morton fans are like they are. We should pity them, not castigate.

You've got a fair point. These are indeed "crazy figures, just crazy figures". Sadly wrong figures.

Three (3) divided by forty (40) times one hundred (100) equals seven point five percent (7.5%). Perhaps you didn't move from Greenock to Paisley until after primary seven (7)?

Your general argument is completely sound though. Carry on.

27 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

unnamed (4).gif

Worrying about our manager going to a smaller team with poor facilities?

angtft.gif

25 minutes ago, AllyM said:

You've got a fair point. These are indeed "crazy figures, just crazy figures". Sadly wrong figures.

Three (3) divided by forty (40) times one hundred (100) equals seven point five percent (7.5%). Perhaps you didn't move from Greenock to Paisley until after primary seven (7)?

Your general argument is completely sound though. Carry on.

Do you know, you are spot on. I just threw the figures together from memory, but you know... either way those are damning statistics. I mean, if you really wanted to f**k the percentages you could do it based on the number of times they have finished above us in the top tier (I encourage people to google it, it's fun).

I'll amend my post, and even with the amendment they are still "crazy figures".

I believe the term around here is "minter".

Edited by Buddist Monk

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

Worrying about our manager going to a smaller team with poor facilities?

angtft.gif

Do you, you are spot on. I just threw the figures together from memory, but you know... either way those are damning statistics. I mean, if you really wanted to f**k the percentages you could do it based on the number of times they have finished above us in the top tier (I encourage people to google it, it's fun).

I'll amend my post, and even with the amendment they are still "crazy figures".

I believe the term around here is "minter".

And it's actually 4 times in 40 years. So 10%. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

What ones? 40 years is 77. I think they finished above us in the mid to late 90's, then twice recently. 

Twice in the 90s. 96 and 98. Had to check but I definitely remembered them swapping places with us a few times in the late 90s. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Twice in the 90s. 96 and 98. 

So doing what I should have done in the first place :rolleyes: yeah, it was twice in the 90's. The 95/96 was the one was I was thinking of, didn't realise they squeaked past us in 97/98.

So, is that us done.. :lol: ..are we all agreed that Morton have managed to force their way above their far more accomplished derby rivals a total of 4 times out of 40?

No matter how you slice it, those stats make for horrendous/hilarious reading. ^_^

7 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I know that's not really the point you're making, but there is not a chance that Ross is going to Aberdeen if McInnes leaves.

A bottom six Premiership club, underachieving relative to their budget with a long term aim of getting into the top six and establishing themselves there, are exactly the type of club who are going to take a shot on a manager doing a good job in the Championship.

The club who've had the second best team in the country for three years and are looking to not just maintain that position - with a rebuilding job to do and a side with a far larger budget challenging them - but to build on it, with the aim of more trophies and further progress in Europe, aren't going to go near a manager whose biggest success to date is keeping a team in the second tier. They'll be looking for managers who've already proven themselves in the top flight, be that someone who's gone to England and hasn't had it work out like Alex Neil or someone who hasn't had a shot at a club of Aberdeen's size yet like Tommy Wright. Ross won't even be on their radar, which is great news for St. Mirren, obviously.

The only way Ross is leaving is if a job like Motherwell, Kilmarnock or Dundee (again) comes up.

Think that's right mostly. I think if Tommy Wright leaves St Johnston then I would think they would have a sniff around. Hearts are also a possibility if there's a vacancy. Dundee United might come knocking. But the deal would need to be attractive to Ross and I'm not sure that all of these options would be, 

14 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Think that's right mostly. I think if Tommy Wright leaves St Johnston then I would think they would have a sniff around. Hearts are also a possibility if there's a vacancy. Dundee United might come knocking. But the deal would need to be attractive to Ross and I'm not sure that all of these options would be, 

The likelihood is that as long as Levein is at Hearts, Jack wouldn't be. There's no love lost on either side there apparently. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

That awkward moment when you've prematurely changed your forum avatar...

M8meFnH.png

Sorry @Dee Man, you're ok really :P

I'm going to be honest here, I'm disappointed it didn't even provoke one reaction, never mind a full on headsgone that I'd hoped for.

Maybe next time.

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The likelihood is that as long as Levein is at Hearts, Jack wouldn't be. There's no love lost on either side there apparently. 

How long do you think Levein will be at hearts, he cant hide behind his "head coaches" forever.