The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Strange situation where I think it’s a good signing for St Mirren and a good decision for him to leave. Hippolyte clearly doesn’t fit in with the way Hartley wants to play and is another player rumoured to cause a problem in the dressing room. For St Mirren, decent backup player to Morgan and if Reilly’s goals dry up he can play upfront.
Will be interesting to see how happy he is not starting games, as that seemed to lead to his half-arsed performances for us.

I don't think Hippo is a lazy player tbh. Tends to drift in and out of games like a lot of wingers do. Hasn't had the support of a good fullback this season which hasn't helped his form and he has missed a fair number of games through injury. There is definitely a player in there and he scored some great/memorable goals for us. A lot of our support won't be that bothered to see him go but I liked him, all the best Myles 

Delighted with the signing of Hippolyte. Always looked dangerous when we've played Falkirk, although not sure how much actual damage he's done us over the years. He comes into the squad and will vie with Smith, Reilly, Mullen, Morgan, Flynn and possibly Todd when fit, for the four attacking positions. 

Always thought we needed a slightly different option up front as almost all our attacking players are smaller, nippy players. Hippolyte seems to be more of a traditional winger when played wide, but also someone who can also play centrally, so a versatile guy which is great to have on the bench, and gives him a few positions to try to dislodge someone for a starting place.

There's been a lot of talk of Jack Ross being able to get the best out of the boy, but as much as that, he might just be at an age where he can mature as a player, and a fresh start might be the kickstart he needs.

Very pleased with our squad for the rest of the season, and hopefully 3 points on Saturday will help us take the next step towards possible glory...(which is a long way off yet)

10 minutes ago, dusty bin said:

Sorry to trouble you St Mirren fans.

Just after a bit of info on one of your youngsters we have signed until the end of the season with my team Stranraer.

Caneron McPherson.

Any info would be great

Not seen too much of him due to having a settled team that is winning almost every week. In the few times he has appeared he has been industrious and works hard. He is rated by our management team so I am glad that he is getting a chance to play regularly. Best of luck to him and Stranraer for the rest of the season.

Edited by NorthBank

12 minutes ago, dusty bin said:

Just after a bit of info on one of your youngsters we have signed until the end of the season with my team Stranraer.

Caneron McPherson.

Any info would be great

There a few fans on blackandwhitearmy.com who watch the under 20's regular better going there to ask for an in-dpth view. 

It's been said before, but our transfer activity now absolutely shits on what we've experienced in recent years. Here we are, signing replacements for players before they've even left. We have a clear playing style, and a clear strategy, and a clear 'type' of player that we go for. It'll never catch on :lol:

30 minutes ago, dusty bin said:

Caneron McPherson.

Any info would be great

Not seen too much of him, but he played a couple of games in preseason that I was at, one in midfield, the other at right back. Seemed capable enough in either of those positions and could do well for you. A competitive player from what I remember of what I've seen.

Definitely an excellent signing for Midden. He's arguably the best wide/forward in the league on his day. He really should be playing at a higher level, diving aside you can usually tell a good player when he gets booed by opposition fans.

I think he will bring an extra dimension to Saints as you were a little bit small and lightweight upfront.

With Reilly and Hippo pars fans will be foaming at the mouth in the next game.

:lol:

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd expect the same for any player. Maybe Falkirk fans shouldn't have stood for it.

We didn't.  I recall Hippo saying in an interview once he wanted to play at highest level he could. Fair enough, what he ommitted to say was i will be doing  the minimum possible to get there.  He's the epitomy of your modern day footballer,  just not prepared to put a shift in and cant be arsed when things arent going his way.  Looks like he will get his wish though about playing in a higher league, just hope he contributes to getting u promoted. 14 or so games left.  He will turn up in maybe 3. Ofcourse he will bust a gut on his debut you would hope, it wont last and the normal hippo will revert to type. He might just do enough to help get you over the line as an addition to a good squad. Good luck to him and Saints. Your title to lose chaps. 

Edited by ebobsboy

14 hours ago, dusty bin said:

Caneron McPherson.

Any info would be great

Decent player from the under 20s.

Plays in midfield, got a bit of pace. Spent a bit of last season injured. 

He looked decent when he played in the cup game against Lothian Vale. As others have said, he's not had too much first team football because of the way the team have been playing, but a good prospect for the future. I'd say a couple of years and he, Erhahon and O'Keefe will be the next generation of talent to emerge from the academy.

I reckon he'll do well for you...

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We didn't.  I recall Hippo saying in an interview once he wanted to play at highest level he could. Fair enough, what he ommitted to say was i will be doing  the minimum possible to get there.  He's the epitomy of your modern day footballer,  just not prepared to put a shift in and cant be arsed when things arent going his way.  Looks like he will get his wish though about playing in a higher league, just hope he contributes to getting u promoted. 14 or so games left.  He will turn up in maybe 3. Ofcourse he will bust a gut on his debut you would hope, it wont last and the normal hippo will revert to type. He might just do enough to help get you over the line as an addition to a good squad. Good luck to him and Saints. Your title to lose chaps. 

Do you think he'll get a debut?

16 hours ago, dusty bin said:

Caneron McPherson.

Any info would be great

Big strong boy can put in a tackle and has a bit of "nous"  

Think of a younger, slightly quicker Jim Goodwin

Can see what Hypo brings to the team can cover for Smith, Riely, Morgon and McGennis and gives the option to pull McGennis into the centre. He's always been a player you worry about, but the same was true of Harkins, Imrie, Hasselbank, Winters, etc.