The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

20 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Where ?

16 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

So, Stubbs has said to Fitzy ‘how about these three’, with one of them having other clubs waiting to snap him up, and his wage demands could be a stumbling block, and another is wanted back by St Johnstone.

I’m holding off running to the shop to buy a shirt with their names on. If any of these three actually happen and they are pictured at Ralston in front of the club crest - that’s the moment I’ll believe it.

Edited by pozbaird

7 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Just spoke to Matty Willock and he told me that he ''wouldn't be seen dead in a St. Mirren shirt.'' 

You’re  in for a surprise as he could be holding 1 above his heed this afternoon.

Willock could be decent. He started looking like he was lost, and seemed to constantly be out of position. By the end he seemed to have learned that, and was willing to stride forward from midfield and make decisive passes. Definitely better in an attacking sense than defensive. 

I wanted him back, but realistically it's still not really obvious quite what level he's at yet, or what kind of player he is, judging him over such a small time frame is a bit unfair, and his most impressive game was our 5-1 dismantling of Motherwell, where our whole team was superb. 

13 minutes ago, McG said:

Wonder if we could see an announcement today..

If it's Willock, may I suggest you join the St Johnstone Banter Facebook page? The breakdowns on there will be epic and worth seeing.

Just now, Kyle said:

If it's Willock, may I suggest you join the St Johnstone Banter Facebook page? The breakdowns on there will be epic and worth seeing.

^^^ do this please. Willock is young and enthusiastic, raw as f**k and it may be half a season before you see the best of him but a decent option in the right squad.

It's a shame Stewart is on a King's ransom, as I feel he would be an great addition.

7 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

An XI of dead St. Mirren players would probably be faring marginally better in your League Cup group.

Sitting 2nd in the group, not lost a game and in line to qualify for the next round. Yeah, it's been fucking terrible. I can only dream of getting back to last season where we got hounded by both Thistle and Livi.

Edited by Buddist Monk