The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I'm not against loan players it's the number we have get a couple more in and we can have a full team. Loan Mirren. 

Again makes no difference from 1 year loans to the 1 year deals we usually offer some players.

Hodson is 26 surplus to requirements at rangers if it is indeed a loan he could very well join us on a permanent basis after his contract expires.

Squad desperately needs strengthening so quit the bitching if they are more loan deals to help solve our problem positions then so be it if they play their part to keep us up.

Then we can look to build for next season where Stubbs would be in a position to get players on pre contracts or earlier in the transfer window where the better players are snapped up.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Holy f**k - this place is getting as bad as BAWA. Stop yer fuckin moaning - we’ve played 2 league games ffs.

We fucking won one of them as well! The way the some of the dribbling morons in our support are going on your think we were on a six month winless run. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of them are hoping for.

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Is this definitely a loan? Looked at the SPFL rulebook and you can only have one player over 23 on loan at a time. By the definition in the rulebook, Danny Rogers is over 23. Hodson would be a second.

8 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Rodgers would still be counted as 23 for this season based on the age cut off isn't he?

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Nah, I was sad earlier and looked at the rulebook - it's under 23 at the end of December. He was already 23 by then. No exception for goalies either.

Think we need to put up the @Skyline Drifter signal for this one

1 minute ago, RussellV1 said:

Maybe I'm a bit naive but I would have thought the rules would be checked before even discussing the loan.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Let's see how many folk moan if it's the likes of Mikey Johnston and Greg Stewart coming in on loan.

Kenny Miller incoming... :whistle

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

Maybe I'm a bit naive but I would have thought the rules would be checked before even discussing the loan.

Kenny Miller incoming... :whistle

As far as I'm aware, Kenny Miller doesn't kill interest in the other targets. 

2 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

Dont know what we are talking about and not wading through the thread but there are NO age limitations in loans any more. 4 loans at a time, no more than 2 from any one club, or 1 per club if in same division, no age restrictions.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dont know what we are talking about and not wading through the thread but there are NO age limitations in loans any more. 4 loans at a time, no more than 2 from any one club, or 1 per club if in same division, no age restrictions.

We now have 6 on loan...

Rodgers, Coulson, Hodson, Jones, Willock, Brock-Madsen.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We now have 6 on loan...

Rodgers, Coulson, Hodson, Jones, Willock, Brock-Madsen.

4 domestic. Presumably some of those are international? You can have as many of those as you like, technically as the registration actually moves it not a loan.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 minutes ago, Buddie 47 said:

How many wingers do Celtic need,as far as I can see they have 6
Morgan ,Hayes,Sinclair ,Forrest,Johnston,and the Aussie.
Surely they can let one out on loan.
Plus they still have Scott Allan,Ryan Christie

I suspect we might get Johnstone in still. Might be a late window effort, though.

If JR was still at the club, I'd fancy our chances with Morgan instead, but can't see that happening now. But disappointing that nothing has come of Stubbs' alleged Everton links, though there was probably mileage in the line that we were after Hornby, but he wanted to go elsewhere.

36 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The BBC quoting The Sun on twitter claiming that we are attempting to sign Kenny Miller in time for saturdays game v Livingston. :lol:

Be as well quoting my used bog roll after my morning shit. The fact that it may be true is more luck than anything else on the part of that scummy rag...

16 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Have you put your teeth back in. Stallios is better than some of the shit Stubbs has brought in which would not be hard. Building a future with loans is not the way to go. 

A good few  of "the shit Stubbs has brought in" have had little to no game time, so I'd hang fire on your assessments. Willock and Coulson look good, Brock-Madsen could also turn up far better than Stelios, and Jones had a bright enough cameo on his debut. Stelios was a cult hero due to the 3 goals he scored in his 18 months at the club, and his rapport with the fans, more than his actual quality.

Loans are used by every club in Scotland - Rangers had 7 and Celtic had 4 last season, despite their relative richness. It's a fact of life and I welcome it.