The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Given we’re selling Nouble, selling our only other standout forward probably won’t happen. 

Because of that we’d be asking for a very good fee, it’s not exactly a step up for him either. Probably something about 350k which there’s no chance you lot pay

Not being disrespectful here but nearly every other team in the premiership is a step up from Livingston.

You’ve got a couple of hundred season ticket holders plus I’ve played on better blaze pitches than that monstrosity of yours.

6 minutes ago, McG said:

Not being disrespectful here but nearly every other team in the premiership is a step up from Livingston.

You’ve got a couple of hundred season ticket holders plus I’ve played on better blaze pitches than that monstrosity of yours.

I don’t see it. In truth there’s very little between any of St Johnstone, us, St Mirren, Dundee etc. Some clubs can pay a bit more amongst that but in terms of size and league finishes most of those there are interchangeable. 

Couple hundred is underselling it :D Being fair to us it’s about 1,350 which has been a season on season increase each year for 6 years. Only 6 years ago I think we had 700, so we’ve nearly doubled it in that time. 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don’t see it. In truth there’s very little between any of St Johnstone, us, St Mirren, Dundee etc. Some clubs can pay a bit more amongst that but in terms of size and league finishes most of those there are interchangeable. 

Couple hundred is underselling it :D Being fair to us it’s about 1,350 which has been a season on season increase each year for 6 years. Only 6 years ago I think we had 700, so we’ve nearly doubled it in that time. 

I do see it, St mirren and Dundee are both bigger clubs than Livingston mate. 

That’s good you’re attendances/season ticket sales are up, for a while Johnstone Burgh had more season ticket holders than livvy.

8 minutes ago, McG said:

I do see it, St mirren and Dundee are both bigger clubs than Livingston mate. 

That’s good you’re attendances/season ticket sales are up, for a while Johnstone Burgh had more season ticket holders than livvy.

I guess it's a subjective thing, but it's about more than attendances for me

I guess it's a subjective thing, but it's about more than attendances for me

Attendances, years in the top flight, trophies, history, administrations, failing to pay rent on a council stadium, that sort of stuff.

We’re bigger. And better. Subjective matter indeed.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Attendances, years in the top flight, trophies, history, administrations, failing to pay rent on a council stadium, that sort of stuff.

We’re bigger. And better. Subjective matter indeed.

I'd be very interested to know St Mirren's % time as a club spent in the top flight. It's probably higher than ours but ours is 38% of our time as a club spent in the top flight which isn't too bad. 11/~29 seasons. With two seasons spent in the bottom tier and we've climbed back up. 

We're along way from the years of financial turmoil of the 2000s, grown as a club and settled ourselves. 8 trophies in ~29 seasons again isn't bad though.

It can get skewed a bit given we're a 'new' club - as far as I'm concerned we're 1995 onwards. Just takes time to build up tradition and a club etc, which St Mirren have had the benefit to do. Not a knock on yourselves obviously

Only table that really matters. League is bread and butter. That table probably also illustrates size as well as success. Dundee United being a notable outlier I guess due to their late formation. 

BE1EEF4E-42FB-4020-BA8F-9F34E98C2ECE.png

38 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'd be very interested to know St Mirren's % time as a club spent in the top flight. It's probably higher than ours but ours is 38% of our time as a club spent in the top flight which isn't too bad. 11/~29 seasons. With two seasons spent in the bottom tier and we've climbed back up. 

We're along way from the years of financial turmoil of the 2000s, grown as a club and settled ourselves. 8 trophies in ~29 seasons again isn't bad though.

It can get skewed a bit given we're a 'new' club - as far as I'm concerned we're 1995 onwards. Just takes time to build up tradition and a club etc, which St Mirren have had the benefit to do. Not a knock on yourselves obviously

Ours is about 80%, from 123 seasons

I don't have the same disdain as others do for Livi. But you are not close to st mirren in terms of size 

Edited by Stan Bo

Your club was founded in 1943.

Its your 80th anniversary this year 

Just now, Captain_Sensible said:

Your club was founded in 1943.

Its your 80th anniversary this year 

As far as I'm concerned, we're 95 onwards. I'm not going to sit around and claim another club's history like a certain club in this league :D 

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Only table that really matters. League is bread and butter. That table probably also illustrates size as well as success. Dundee United being a notable outlier I guess due to their late formation. 

BE1EEF4E-42FB-4020-BA8F-9F34E98C2ECE.png

I hope that table doesn’t include Sevco’s results in the Rangers FC stats?

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

As far as I'm concerned, we're 95 onwards. I'm not going to sit around and claim another club's history like a certain club in this league :D 

You appear to be attempting to disassociate yourself from your own club’s history for some reason?

Your club was founded in 1943, not 1995. 

Sevco were founded in 2012

Edited by Captain_Sensible

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

You appear to be attempting to disassociate yourself from your own club’s history for some reason?

Your club was founded in 1943, not 1995. 

Sevco wete founded in 2012

I just don't see how we can claim the history of a club that played in a different place under a different name as our own

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Given we’re selling Nouble, selling our only other standout forward probably won’t happen. 

Because of that we’d be asking for a very good fee, it’s not exactly a step up for him either. Probably something about 350k which there’s no chance you lot pay

So you reckon you'll get £350k for a guy that scored 6 goals last season with 1 year left on his contract? Don't think so. We can sign him in 6 months for a few bob.

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I just don't see how we can claim the history of a club that played in a different place under a different name as our own

Because, for the majority of your club’s history your club played in a different place under a different name! 

It’s not a matter of claiming that history

It *is* your history! 

Edited by Captain_Sensible

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

So you reckon you'll get £350k for a guy that scored 6 goals last season with 1 year left on his contract? Don't think so. We can sign him in 6 months for a few bob.

I don't think we can get it, but I think it's the price we put on him to deter other clubs going for him. He was injured for a lot of last season, and the season before where he got double figures and was second top goalscorer in the league I think? Behind RCC. It's the impact losing Nouble will have, that means we wont let Bruce go cheap.