The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To me it's saying you are the one associating the colour pink as having to be about inclusion, thereby you are the one still conforming to that "western culture" that no one else seems to share. 

If anything you simply back up my point. I am saying it is corporate ignorance that is driving that tired old trope, and that we shouldn't use it like that.

You can't accuse me of supporting a worldview that in several posts I have railed against.

Just now, Ric said:

If anything you simply back up my point. I am saying it is corporate ignorance that is driving that tired old trope, and that we shouldn't use it like that.

You can't accuse me of supporting a worldview that in several posts I have railed against.

Ric, its you that's made up the reason for the pink being used. Maybe the club wanted try something different? Or Macron have said pink is a decent seller so we want it included in the away top? 

Just now, Ric said:

The point is mate YOU are the one "driving the tired old trope". Not one other person/entity involved in the production of the kit has said the use of pink is about inclusion. You are the one saying it's about that.

If you can't see that, then that's fine, we can leave it there.

8 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Ric, its you that's made up the reason for the pink being used. Maybe the club wanted try something different? Or Macron have said pink is a decent seller so we want it included in the away top? 

Ok, so that's a counter argument.

I've not "made up" the reason, I genuinely believe that is the reason it's being used. I am allowed to have that opinion. Do I have evidence of that? No, just circumstantial. Equally do you have evidence that when discussing it there was no mention of using pink for a reason or the acceptance that Macron have highly paid consultants to gauge the value and impact of certain colours. You don't so if it's fair for you to say "I've made it up", then the same must apply for your counter argument.

Just to confirm I am not belittling the club here, they make a marketing decision and it's based on a number of factors. I don't dislike the shirt, I'm not claiming "all this is political correctness gone mad".

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The point is mate YOU are the one "driving the tired old trope". Not one other person/entity involved in the production of the kit has said the use of pink is about inclusion. You are the one saying it's about that.

If you can't see that, then that's fine, we can leave it there.

We'll need to leave it at that, because my cynicism combined with your inability to accept that in modern culture, whether we like it or not, there are associations with colours, means it's unlikely we will agree.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

it doesn’t really matter

Indeed.  I'm a little surprised at the push back but ultimately this will all be forgotten soon enough.

5 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

its fecking horrible, that’s what matters!

I think it might grow on me once I've seen it in the flesh. The question, though, is it worse than the JD Sports horrors?

Well, at least we know he’s still alive!

Profile on the website has been updated.

Imagine after all the chat he’s just been given an extra couple of weeks off 😂😂

IMG_7046.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Div said:

Profile on the website has been updated.

That does suggest he's maybe not 100% out the door. It's also the new (training) strip so it's not like he's had no contact with the club over this time. (edit: ..or it's a very cheeky photoshop)

I really hope they can get something over the line, even if it means a wee bit of a boost in the wages. I know that this all seems like his fault, and we shouldn't reward him for it, there is no doubting what he is worth to us.

I know I fucked off a few people off by being so harsh on Hemming, and I get that, I should have written my comment differently, but there is no doubt Carson is the better keeper and I'd love him to stay another season at least.

Edited by Ric

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This is the pinkest the away top has been since the....erm.....the last pink away top.

There's really nothing deeper to it than that. It's a fucking colour on a fucking football top.

Are you saying pink is a fcuking colour? That’s me sold, I’m buying one. Maybe two, increase my chances. 😃

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Are you saying pink is a fcuking colour? That’s me sold, I’m buying one. Maybe two, increase my chances. 😃

Id7aI8v.jpg

I think you'll find it's technically an energy frequency..

Edited by Ric

3 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Re Carson, as @Ric says, its  the new training top so this looks encouraging.

If Robinson wanted him out, I can’t imagine this would be happening 

The lack of a squad number on the top though...

Saturday will be telling. He should at very least be on the bench.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 hours ago, Div said:

I quite like it.

Anything was going to be a bit of a comedown after last seasons blockbuster away kit but it’s a decent enough effort.

if only the badge had been left alone it would be fine, but because it isn't then it ain't fine, a pink badge? yer having a larf.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The lack of a squad number on the top though...

Saturday will be telling. He should at very least be on the bench.

No squad number on Hemming’s photo either (but squad numbers on the other new signings, McMenamin and Mandron).

Fingers crossed it’s all been resolved! 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Erm...

Screenshot_20230712_160433_Discord.thumb.jpg.cfef0d0dd22b2ea58b4027613144ffad.jpg

..talking of training tops, does anyone have an idea how much sponsoring the training tops brings in? I would have thought the main sponsor (DB) would be on them, but clearly not.

I'd be interested to know of anyone has used bartercard because their website text is like chatGPT bingo.