The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

No St.Mirren player ever gets booed. That’s a nonsense.

Some players get more grief than others but I don’t think I’ve ever heard our own get booed.

I think that's actually correct.

Abused though, well, sadly that happens way to often.

6 minutes ago, Mac28 said:

All the best to him, We knew we had to lose some players to bring in more. Goga seems to be moving into Defence with O'Hara and CBM being first picks for Midlfield

I imagine with the wage he is on he'll probably be in top 3 or 4 earners at the club.

We will almost certainly be able to replace him with one or maybe even two bodies in defensive areas.

He was our best CH by miles, before his injury last season.

Haven't really seem much of us so far this season, but some who have are saying he looks slower than last season.

If that's the case, and we've got a decent replacement lined up, then I'm fine with that.

Maybe we're still after Bedeau.

If the medical story is true, we'll soon find out in about 30 minutes or so.

23 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Looks like Dec Gallagher is off to Dundee United.

I recall him saying he lives in Dundee so it makes sense . If he does go should we maybe have tried harder to keep Shaughnessy 

Disapointed to lose Gallagher if true. 

Taylor is younger and quicker but we also need experience at this level. 

Can only hope we use any fee or wage saving to get a replacement in. 

I wonder if we will get a mystery defender who will takes weeks to be announced lol

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Disapointed to lose Gallagher if true

Taylor is younger and quicker but we also need experience at this level. 

Can only hope we use any fee or wage saving to get a replacement in. 

I wonder if we will get a mystery defender who will takes weeks to be announced lol

If he was still playing at the level of first 2/3rd of last season I agree. Comfortably our best centre half and would have had his hat thrown in the POTY chat.

Since he's been back though, he's clearly lost a lot of pace. Most gamechim benefit of doubt and thought with a string pre season behind him would cone back fitter but unfortunately he's looked even slower. I think it's probably best for all concerned if he does move on...I said a few times that the defence this season really worries me in terms of lack of numbers and the apparent drop off in strength and ability of those who do remain. The thought of Gallagher going and potentially freeing up a wage for a new centre half and a left back is appealing to me.

Robinson criticised the defence for the goals conceded at Morton and Montrose and said he’d been too loyal to certain players from last season

Gogic then replaced Gallagher in central defence against Arbroath so I’m not really surprised he’s leaving.

As @djchapsticks points out, maybe this will create enough budget for 2 new defenders? 

28 minutes ago, Oldchap said:

I recall him saying he lives in Dundee so it makes sense . If he does go should we maybe have tried harder to keep Shaughnessy 

Unfortunately Shaughnessey too would have been on a decent wage and while I liked him, he was getting found out more than he should have been, probably good timing to move two players who were not far away from becoming liabilities