The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Had a quick look through the Plymouth Argyle forum.

General consensus is that he's a very good defender, but has been really unlucky with a couple of foot injuries since arriving at Plymouth, as he was injury free before then.

He recovered from injury mid-March and played regularly in the run in to their title win.

So, if he stays fit, then he should be a decent signing.

Retained list (Merged and confirmed) | Page 12 | PASOTI

Shame for Grant and Bolton that they have struggled with injuries so much, both very good players and seem good characters.
 Bolton has always impressed me when he's played, when fit he's easily as first choice CB but just hasn't played enough games over the last 2 years.
Both have made big contributions though and wish them well, sure they will get good clubs.

Also need to be impressed with how they are keeping a lid on things.

No doubt all of this happened quickly but not a single mention of Gallagher going until last night and zero links anywhere to James Bolton.

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

It seems a cliche but "big lad, unlucky with injuries, worth a punt as he can be decent" seems right out of the Robinson playbook.

It does. I think we've demonstrated that, aside from Brophy and I guess to a much lesser extent Tanser, we've proven that we can keep supposedly injury prone players mostly off the treatment table.

Can't legislate for one off injuries which are part and parcel of the game, but we do seem to have staff that can get to the bottom of and solve recurring fitness woes.

Hopefully Bolton will come in and do well, certainly seems to have the ability if we can get and keep him fit.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Welcome aboard!

Seems a really nice lad and very focused on working hard, his comments about jumping in the sea after training were interesting, not sure I would recommend the canal though.

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Right lads, pub recommendations for Saturday. Planning to go to Gilmour Street station and visiting a few en route to the ground.

Not fussy but would rather avoid Wetherspoons type places.

I Would head for Bull Inn and Wee Howff before the game and then the Court Bar , Bankhouse , Langs after the game as they are all close to the station . 

51 minutes ago, Div said:

Also need to be impressed with how they are keeping a lid on things.

No doubt all of this happened quickly but not a single mention of Gallagher going until last night and zero links anywhere to James Bolton.

You would have thought with Gallaghers new hairstyle we might have had the inside track via @Captain Saintsible

Also since GS has left the boredroom it seems that rumours are not being posted on here by certain posters. 🤫

Amazing business this close season to bring transfer money into the club from two 'surplus to requirements' big earners that we would probably have been glad to free from their contracts without having to piss away a giant pay-off.

15 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Seems a really nice lad and very focused on working hard, his comments about jumping in the sea after training were interesting, not sure I would recommend the canal though.

St Mirren used to use the Gleniffer Braes for many pre seasons “beastings”.

I don’t think the modern day sports science or physio teams would like to see that return which pleases the current group of players no doubt.