The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

They aren't. Stirling Highland games is on beside Forthbank on Saturday and Aberdeen preferred to play Friday than Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Kempes said:

Dons are not on tv tonight. The game was brought forward as they are away to Hacken (Gothenburg) on Thursday, before we play them next Sunday.

My apologies - I was watching the Hearts game last night and I thought I saw an advertisement for the Stirling v Aberdeen game. 

Just now, Kempes said:

I think you can listen to it on the radio, if you are interested…

Not unless the manager of Stirling is doing a prematch dressing room speech live on air! 😂 

Putting that aside. Why no cameras at our game tomorrow? Are other clubs in same situation?

32 minutes ago, elvis said:

Seemingly the weather is to be awful tomorrow maybe putting  people off .I have 4 tickets to get yet so maybe others doing the same Motherwell have almost sold out all there tickets over a 1000 sold as of yesterday

So those poor souls who turn up, will no doubt be enduring chants of "What a shitey home support".

33 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I agree with this. If we are going to have a third kit I think it should be a bit different or unusual designs. Those options all seem a bit standard, white with gold/red or red which are colours we pretty regularly use. I just find them pretty uninspiring - would like to have seen something a little bit different for us. I actually liked our yellow and black kit we had.

Also Kit 1 - I thought in terms of Paisley it was 'Buddie' rather than 'Buddy' or have I been spelling it wrong for years?

Seemingly it is Buddy for an individual person and Buddies when it's more than one. But then I read that in Black & White Magazine so who knows...

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

Seemingly it is Buddy for an individual person and Buddies when it's more than one. But then I read that in Black & White Magazine so who knows...

In terms of the club they seem to use Buddie - ie 'Help a Buddie' and the PDE also uses that spelling. 

I always thought Buddy is the American word. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Seemingly the weather is to be awful tomorrow maybe putting  people off .I have 4 tickets to get yet so maybe others doing the same Motherwell have almost sold out all there tickets over a 1000 sold as of yesterday

Pretty much the same forecast as the last umpteen Saturdays this "summer". Showers, hardly awful.

Screenshot_20230818-130323_BBC Weather.jpg

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

So we are in the knockout stage of a major domestic tournament but no cameras? Seems odd. 

Yet Aberdeen are on live TV tonight against Stirling? Think it’s on BBC Scotland - perhaps hoping for a repeat of Darvel. 

Is this camera issue something to do with the viaplay contract?

Will it affect other clubs?

@SS77 do you know why this is? I’m asking you as I think you are involved with the commentary team. 

Yeah it’s the Viaplay contract that blocks PPV for non televised games, it’s a bit of a nonsense.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

I guess some folk are maybe not prepared to shell out for tickets when this game isn’t included with the season ticket. 
I think £18 for an adult is decent all things considered. 

Buddy is for something like an American saying their best friend is their ‘best buddy’. Buddie is for a singular Paisley Buddie, a group of Paisley folk are moaning faced barstewards Paisley Buddies.

As for Jobbie v Jobby, I have no strong opinion on either, any more than I have a strong opinion on ‘tomato sauce or brown sauce on a square sausage roll’. There’s a place for both. Whatever you fancy. I’d probably come down on the side of ‘jobbie’ and ‘tomato sauce’ if pushed for an answer and my life depended on it though.

Anyway. Gie’s the mystery striker.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Buddy is for something like an American saying their best friend is their ‘best buddy’. Buddie is for a singular Paisley Buddie, a group of Paisley folk are moaning faced barstewards Paisley Buddies.

As for Jobbie v Jobby, I have no strong opinion on either, any more than I have a strong opinion on ‘tomato sauce or brown sauce on a square sausage roll’. There’s a place for both. Whatever you fancy. I’d probably come down on the side of ‘jobbie’ and ‘tomato sauce’ if pushed for an answer and my life depended on it though.

Anyway. Gie’s the mystery striker.

Ah, but is it a square sausage roll or a roll'n'sausage?

Just now, Vambo5 said:

Ah, but is it a square sausage roll or a roll'n'sausage?

Again, I have no axe to grind in this particular debate. Thinking about it though, if I wander up to a food van or somesuch, I say ‘a roll ‘n’ square sausage please’. Or ‘a roll ‘n’ bacon please’. Aye, definitely comes out my mouth sounding like ‘n’ between the words roll and filling of choice.

Now, FFS, has the mystery striker been spotted in Asda yet?

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Pretty much the same forecast as the last umpteen Saturdays this "summer". Showers, hardly awful.

Screenshot_20230818-130323_BBC Weather.jpg

Anything negative and it’s odds on who will post. 

Ffs. It’s August.

A storm named Betty that is hardly going to impact people attending this game in Scotland. But Betty blows the minds of certain posters. 😂 💨 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I guess some folk are maybe not prepared to shell out for tickets when this game isn’t included with the season ticket. 
I think £18 for an adult is decent all things considered. 

Agreed.
It’s a knock out cup tie in a major domestic tournament. It’s incredibly good value for two top flight clubs. Hopefully the fans turn up in their numbers tomorrow.