The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

57 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Ryan Strain is a marvellous footballer but the club desperately need to do something about his fitness. Game after game he is done after an hour.  

I actually think his form has dipped a bit. Both Tanser and Taylor are playing better. 

When the penalty was struck it came off the takers standing foot.

That caused the ball to change direction and spin into the middle of the goal. 
A Dons player was also encroaching into the pen area.

Why was Beaton not asked to look at it on the screen. 

Shambles.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Taylor was my man of the match though. He completely dominated all Aberdeen's forward players.

The big man was also my MOTM today. He’s been very impressive since Gallagher and Shaunessy departed. 

He managed some incredible runs and interceptions from deep today. His cross field passes were similar to attempts by Dunne but were far more accurate. 

9 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Robbo is an excellent manager who took Motherwell to two cup finals and top six finishes. I suspect if Hibernian come calling he won’t be able to resist the lure of the capital. 

I agree. Hoping that Hibs don’t come calling obviously but wondering if they will?

6 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Robbo is an excellent manager who took Motherwell to two cup finals and top six finishes. I suspect if Hibernian come calling he won’t be able to resist the lure of the capital. 

He'd get significantly more money I'm sure. Double his wages maybe? It would be tough to turn down. Plus a bigger club who can attract more high profile players.

Hibs is a graveyard for managers though. And he'd be making a rod for his own back by going there as the transfer window shuts with that shite bag of a squad.

I don't think they will go for Robinson as it happens.

Just now, houston_bud said:

He'd get significantly more money I'm sure. Double his wages maybe? It would be tough to turn down. Plus a bigger club who can attract more high profile players.

Hibs is a graveyard for managers though. And he'd be making a rod for his own back by going there as the transfer window shuts with that shite bag of a squad.

I don't think they will go for Robinson as it happens.

If I was to stick money anywhere, I'd be firing it on Scott Brown.

It would cost Hibs a fair wedge for Robinson and O'Carroll given that they both just signed 2 year deals in the summer. 

You're probably looking at £400k + in compensation. 

Alan Stubbs is the man for the job.

Money will be no problem buying out out our management contracts. It will come down to do our management feel they can take our club forward plus up their wages with an extra year added. But if there is a transfer clause built in to their contract then they will be gone.