The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, medals said:

Bad news is the Aberdeen/Bacus chat is real.

Will they our valuation today?

Where is Bachus today?

See video on this link

https://news.stv.tv/sport/transfer-deadline-day-all-the-late-business-from-celtic-rangers-and-scottish-premiership

He says it isn't met and doesn't expect it to be? So I would say that he's saying there have been offers but more money has been sought and baulked at by prospective buyers?

2 minutes ago, medals said:

Bad news is the Aberdeen/Bacus chat is real.

Will they our valuation today?

Where is Bachus today?

See video on this link

https://news.stv.tv/sport/transfer-deadline-day-all-the-late-business-from-celtic-rangers-and-scottish-premiership

Don’t think that’s more than we already knew is it?

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He says it isn't met and doesn't expect it to be? So I would say that he's saying there have been offers but more money has been sought and baulked at by prospective buyers?

No. Negotiation begins with low offers

Just now, medals said:

No. Negotiation begins with low offers

We had better have an idea of someone we can turn around to and immediately snap up if this is going to go through. If Gogic is a central defender now, then we all of a sudden don't have much midfield cover (and I don't want to hear "Flynn can do it...", I want improvements not patchwork).

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

We had better have an idea of someone we can turn around to and immediately snap up if this is going to go through. If Gogic is a central defender now, then we all of a sudden don't have much midfield cover (and I don't want to hear "Flynn can do it...", I want improvements not patchwork).

If Baccus is travelling up to Aberdeen today, there's a high chance someone is travelling to us also.

But, we could cope with O'Hara due back, andcthere is also the free agent option in emergencies.

1 minute ago, medals said:

Well did we know it. Plenty rumours via agents that are not true.

However SR has just said this one is for real

If we take, for a second, that it IS for real, then the question is...

Can our captain and Boyd-Munce play together or is a "Tierney - Robertson" type situation of forcing 2 similar players into the same bit of ground?

If they can play together, I'd have no problem banking a decent sum for Baccus

2 minutes ago, medals said:

If Baccus is travelling up to Aberdeen today, there's a high chance someone is travelling to us also.

But, we could cope with O'Hara due back, andcthere is also the free agent option in emergencies.

We don't want to sign players who no-one else wants and who might not have been keeping themselves fit (thus needing ages to get up to speed).

Edited by Eddie Hitler

Just now, Vambo5 said:

If we take, for a second, that it IS for real, then the question is...

Can our captain and Boyd-Munce play together or is a "Tierney - Robertson" type situation of forcing 2 similar players into the same bit of ground?

If they can play together, I'd have no problem banking a decent sum for Baccus

I see O'Hara as a more all-action player than Boyd-Munce, who's possibly a bit more of a playmaker? Understand that, countering especially, a lot of the play goes through Mark, though.

10 minutes ago, Vambo5 said:

It's a fair consideration though O'Hara has player LM, CM and CBM can play CM and RM. 

Are they a good combination? I don't see why not, do you?

8 minutes ago, Vambo5 said:

Sky reporting that Arnold has pulled out of the running for the Hibbles job., so looking closer to home

That's been the case since late on last night. The boy from Central Coast Mariners is still in the running though and interested.

1 minute ago, medals said:

It's a fair consideration though O'Hara has player LM, CM and CBM can play CM and RM. 

Are they a good combination? I don't see why not, do you?

No, not at all.

If, however, we play them both in the current 3-4-3 which seems to be working very well for us, where does Goga fit in (if he's not one of the back 3)

11 minutes ago, elvis said:

How do you know this ?

Maybe i cannot tell you!

Though common sense might steer you there - we paid 6 figures to get him and he's the highest paid manager for us ever. Wasn't JG nearly on about that much? Further he recently signed an upgraded contract.

Do you doubt it?