The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

To be fair, his best performances seem to have been in Paisley when he was playing for ‘Well. He looked good back then, with Robbo as his boss. Not so impressive in Edinburgh or Exeter by most accounts, so Paisley is obviously the place for him.

18 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Cup game v Celtic has been scheduled for Sunday, 11th Feb at 2pm. No surprise that it has been selected by Viaplay.

At least it's 2 p.m. and not 4.30/5.00 p.m.

Interested to see how he shapes up. I'd imagine he'll be playing almost exclusively as a wide player. 

There's clearly a player in there somewhere and Robinson knows him well. Good to not rely on it being a 6 month loan only too and we can build the squad longer term knowing he'll be here.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I'd imagine he'll be playing almost exclusively as a wide player.

I would have thought he'd be a front pairing with Ayunga. Isn't Scott a striker?

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Interested to see how he shapes up. I'd imagine he'll be playing almost exclusively as a wide player. 

There's clearly a player in there somewhere and Robinson knows him well. Good to not rely on it being a 6 month loan only too and we can build the squad longer term knowing he'll be here.

Aye. That's where he played for us.

"He can play anywhere across the front three." classic Robbo. :)

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We've been playing with some variation of a three most of the season.

Going over the starting formations (these are just ones in Dec and the recent Celtic game), we also play Rangers soon, so perhaps Robinson will play with a 3 again adding to that count.

Rangers - 3 - McMenamin, Ayunga, Kiltie
St Johnstone - 3 - Jaimieson, Ayunga, Kiltie
County - 2 - Nahami, Ayunga
Motherwell - 2 - Nahami, Ayunga
Hearts - 3 - Greive, Ayunga, Kiltie
Kilmarnock - 2 - Olusanya, Ayunga
Aberdeen - 3 - Jamieson, Ayunga, Kiltie
Celtic - 2 - Olusanya, Mandron

I'll be honest, I thought most of the season was with 2 up front, and I'm clearly wrong there, but it seems to be a bit 50/50 really.

Edit: Obviously, formations are fluid, if Scott can play wide, he'll probably end up with along with Kiltie and Ayunga, just going on Robinson's choices before.

Edited by Ric

3 hours ago, ulysses said:

That’s him signed on loan

Also joining the club permanently on a 2 year deal in the summer.

Should see the end of Grieve. Can only hope Robbo does for Scott as he did for Main. 

We are still looking for a LWB to cover for Tanser. 

Of all the ex-players to end up with yous over the last few seasons I think Scott was probably the third best for us after Watt and Gallagher. I assume Robinson is planning on sticking with the 433 long term though as I don't see him fitting into a 352 particularly. 

4 hours ago, Ric said:

Going over the starting formations (these are just ones in Dec and the recent Celtic game), we also play Rangers soon, so perhaps Robinson will play with a 3 again adding to that count.

Rangers - 3 - McMenamin, Ayunga, Kiltie
St Johnstone - 3 - Jaimieson, Ayunga, Kiltie
County - 2 - Nahami, Ayunga
Motherwell - 2 - Nahami, Ayunga
Hearts - 3 - Greive, Ayunga, Kiltie
Kilmarnock - 2 - Olusanya, Ayunga
Aberdeen - 3 - Jamieson, Ayunga, Kiltie
Celtic - 2 - Olusanya, Mandron

I'll be honest, I thought most of the season was with 2 up front, and I'm clearly wrong there, but it seems to be a bit 50/50 really.

Edit: Obviously, formations are fluid, if Scott can play wide, he'll probably end up with along with Kiltie and Ayunga, just going on Robinson's choices before.

Mandron not Ayunga v Aberdeen