The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

November apparently. 

I reckon that website has just looked at the table and guessed what clubs would he interested / have a chance of signing him.

As much as I'd be delighted to bring him in, I can't see it. Also, he's hardly kicked a ball this year, so no guarantee he'll hit the numbers he did last year.

He would be worth the risk. If there was even the smallest chance I would take it

15 hours ago, medals said:

Is this it?

In
Scott
Kwon,
Elvis,
Brown

Out
Greive
Small
Namani

Lennon
Gilmarton
Offord 

Ok those last 2 just relocated, but hopefully for further development and a better contribution to us financially. 

We've lost 5th and 6th choice strikers and a cover for LB that hardly got game time.

3 ins already contributing. 

And 2 guys on PCA's for the summer.

It all looks positive so long as we improve on current form a fair bit. Then this season could bring a fair few celebrations. 

C O Y S

Has Nahmani away actually been officially confirmed yet? I only saw speculative tweets/reports.

We signed Steve Archibald on a pay as you go kinda contract. Whilst this was many years ago, it shows that there are options available. I'm not "football finance" savvy enough to say if any of these options would be prudent for a club like ours but there are possibilities.

Just as there was knicker wetting last year about us spending more than finishing bottom or even 10th would have brought us, we got our first top half of the table finish out of that Investment (in recent years and under the current league construct anyway). With a gusting wind European football would have been a possibility. That changes the financial landscape for a club like St Mirren.

I would love to see KVV in the B&W stripes, but I think it's a pipedream. I intend to live long enough to see us play in European competitions again. Nights like those against Trømso and Mechelen will be repeated. 

Honestly, I think it'll take a +£50m transfer of John McGinn from Villa to get us onto that footing. He'll not be there forever... 

Edited by Doctor Sanchez
Fingers like pigs tits.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So no then?

Correct, not officially but later today it might be.

Is LJ going out on loan to Ayr?

We could be making space and finding funds for .... a goal scorer

29 minutes ago, medals said:

Correct, not officially but later today it might be.

Is LJ going out on loan to Ayr?

We could be making space and finding funds for .... a goal scorer

Very good place for him to learn.  Think he will do very well there  

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

Jamieson just started against Rangers - there’s no chance he’s going anywhere.

Id say he’d benefit from a loan as he might get game time and score a few goals. At present he will possibly be in and out of our team and on Saturday he was not able to influence the game. Some consistent games will help him come back better 

3 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Id say he’d benefit from a loan as he might get game time and score a few goals. At present he will possibly be in and out of our team and on Saturday he was not able to influence the game. Some consistent games will help him come back better 

Maybe but the manager thinks he’s part of the first team and he’s definitely earned it.

10 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Maybe but the manager thinks he’s part of the first team and he’s definitely earned it.

Yes but will he score goals ? I genuinely think we have good players but not goals in the team and I’d be shocked if we score 10 between the strikers between now and May 

2 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Yes but will he score goals ? I genuinely think we have good players but not goals in the team and I’d be shocked if we score 10 between the strikers between now and May 

Before Saturday there was only 4 clubs in the league who had scored more goals than us. I agree that we need a more consistent return from the forwards but we need a better return from other areas of the pitch too.

Disinterested is extremely harsh. Jury is still out on whether he is good enough or consistent enough for this level but you could argue that applies to any of our forwards IMO, with the exception of Kiltie. I presume he’ll see his chances even more limited now with Scott in the squad.

29 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Before Saturday there was only 4 clubs in the league who had scored more goals than us. I agree that we need a more consistent return from the forwards but we need a better return from other areas of the pitch too.

& Now there are Seven who’ve scored more than us !   & don’t forget , of those who have scored less,  3 have games in hand.  Dons just need 1 goal in 2 games in hand to overtake us.