The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

6 games in a row TO has come on as a sub and 3 goals in that time. He turned the game today chasing down the ball for the penalty. 

That 2nd goal going in.... up there with Paul McKnight at Somerset. Phenomenal.

7000+ attendance again today. Hopefully, that feeling will bring many back for years to come!

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I thought McMenamin's contribution was encouraging today. Good to see him back, looking lively.

Indeed.

More like how he started in the first run of games in the season.

Seemed to be the only player today who could take a touch and get the ball under control.

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

6 games in a row TO has come on as a sub and 3 goals in that time. He turned the game today chasing down the ball for the penalty. 

7000+ attendance again today. Hopefully, that feeling will bring many back for years to come!

Hopefully take 2500k to 3000k to Killie. Its bigger than a cup semi.

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Hopefully take 2500k to 3000k to Killie. Its bigger than a cup semi.

That will be incredible to see over 2,500,000 Paisley buddies head to Killie.

Pie queues could be interesting.

Told you a million times to stop exaggerating. 

Edited by Molotov

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Still not as many as we took to Fir Park in ‘77. 😛

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Told you a million times to stop exaggerating. 

f**k off. 😁

Looking ahead, 2 week break for us hopefully get some of the injured players back to full fitness and do our best to finish season as high as we can .

Killie and Hibs both have cup matches.

Dundees game in hand is against Aberdeen. I know we just beat them but they defended pretty well for the most part. Could see them taking something off Dundee. 

8 hours ago, zildjian said:

Looking ahead, 2 week break for us hopefully get some of the injured players back to full fitness and do our best to finish season as high as we can .

The Killie game is a great one to look forward to. Strain was back to kicking a ball last week, so hopefully he'll be there or thereabouts. 

9 hours ago, AW saint said:

Anyone know why Baccus missed out?

Injured in training apparently.

It's quite remarkable really, that we are where we are despite playing large parts of the season without arguably our best three players from last season, in Baccus, Strain and O'Hara.

Their replacements have really stepped up to the plate.

12 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

More Saints fans at the game than the total attendance v Celtic, but we need the green/blue pounds to survive !!!!

56 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's quite remarkable really, that we are where we are despite playing large parts of the season without arguably our best three players from last season, in Baccus, Strain and O'Hara.

Their replacements have really stepped up to the plate.

Just shows what a strong, united squad Robbo has put together. For all that folk keep saying that Aberdeen have a good squad, I wouldn’t swap any of our guys for theirs, Miovski included. 

A fit again Conor McMenamin comes on and delivers a delicious cross for big Mika to head back for Toyosi to score. It’s great to have him back as he was a big part of our great start to the season, alongside Ryan Strain.

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

Just shows what a strong, united squad Robbo has put together. For all that folk keep saying that Aberdeen have a good squad, I wouldn’t swap any of our guys for theirs, Miovski included. 

I’d take Miovski. In a better team playing with more confidence, under a competent manager, he’d be a great addition to our team.

What an absolutely brilliant game yesterday! Toyosi has become a super-sub. Not sure how much he's earning, but his late goal against Cowdenbeath alone, which got us through to the lat 16 of the League Cup, will surely have paid a substantial part of them. In the last four games:

• He won us a penalty at Livi.
  • Scored the second against St. Johnstone.
  • Scored the equaliser against Ross County.
  • Won us the penalty yesterday and then scored the winner.

Part of me thinks he's earned a start. However, I think part of his success is his pace against tired legs. 

The result yesterday shows the team's mentality, especially going for the winner in the 97th minute. I felt a bit for the travelling Dons fans, but ultimately it was karma for the double-touch penalty incident. 

We have four tough games pre-split. I know Celtic have dropped points at home, but in reality we'll probably get nothing from that. So that leaves Kille and Motherwell away, and Hearts at home. I do think at the this time of the season, there are no easy fixtures, though. Most sides are desperately scrapping for points. Aberdeen's time-wasting, dirty tactics yesterday being a prime example.