The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

7 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

32 seats left in the top tier of the away end at Rugby Park. They've now opened up a block on the lower tier.

Not bad considering there are still 8 days until kick-off.

@Munoz

Perhaps your crowd predictions need further consideration. At this rate we are going to need another stand! 😂 

Box office Buddies! 

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

@Munoz

Perhaps your crowd predictions need further consideration. At this rate we are going to need another stand! 😂 

Box office Buddies! 

Ooh, imagine the Old Firm seethe if Killie gave us another stand…

(I don’t expect we’ll fill the full stand, and wouldn’t expect an additional allocation even if we did. But then I don’t have the sense of entitlement that fans of some clubs do).

1 hour ago, codfish said:

Ooh, imagine the Old Firm seethe if Killie gave us another stand…

(I don’t expect we’ll fill the full stand, and wouldn’t expect an additional allocation even if we did. But then I don’t have the sense of entitlement that fans of some clubs do).

It’s a joke based on a previous post made by @Munoz that we might bring a 2,500K plus crowd.
Just before any Killie pie munchers arrive and start accusing us of being billy big baws. 😂 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What is the capacity of the top tier (or in other words, how many tickets have we sold so far)?

Read somewhere that full stand is just under 4500. Top tier is slightly smaller than bottom due to exits so I'd imagine about 2000 so far 

It’s bad enough when there’s a smattering of us across the top tier, open the full thing give people the leg room they deserve. Or make it safe standing because it sure as heck isn’t safe sitting. 

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Read somewhere that full stand is just under 4500. Top tier is slightly smaller than bottom due to exits so I'd imagine about 2000 so far 

I'm thinking its about 3,300 behind each goal and 4,500 in each of the stands going down the side of the ground . The capacity us just over 15,000 .

On another note , can fans access top or bottom tiers when they get in the stand . It would make sense just to open up the full stand for Saints so there's no massive rush to grab seats together at 2.55 . 

Hoping Saints deliver next week .

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Its just under 4000 that Old Firm fans get now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

On another note , can fans access top or bottom tiers when they get in the stand . It would make sense just to open up the full stand for Saints so there's no massive rush to grab seats together at 2.55 . 

think it’s only tape that separates top from bottom.there is certainly not separate turnstiles.as with most away games it will be first in gets best seats.

I’ve never sat in the bottom tier at RP.

Is the view significantly worse? If not, I’d prefer they filled the bottom tier first. Even when fans fill the top tier it looks shite on telly and looks like there’s no away fans there.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Bring on the Killie, humbled today by a not very good Aberdeen, with deflections and defensive errors helping them. 

Their best player today, Mayo, also missing next week.

Wright slow as a carthorse. No doubt Deas will play if fit.

I know their home record is good, but it's time for us to leave them further adrift and take a step closer to european football.

Fitzy was no clown.

C O Y S

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Looks like they have his permanent replacement lined up and ready to go.

Yes read that and posted as much in the next manager thread after I posted in here. I really hope that is the case. 

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Good to see Grieve score today. Can't help but think he won't be back next season. 

There wasn't ever a chance Grieve was getting a new contract.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There wasn't ever a chance Grieve was getting a new contract.

I had high hopes for him, but only 1 goal during his loan spell and unable to get a start in a very poor United side makes me think he maybe wasnt quite good enough.

16 hours ago, medals said:

Bring on the Killie, humbled today by a not very good Aberdeen, with deflections and defensive errors helping them. 

Their best player today, Mayo, also missing next week.

Wright slow as a carthorse. No doubt Deas will play if fit.

I know their home record is good, but it's time for us to leave them further adrift and take a step closer to european football.

Fitzy was no clown.

C O Y S

It is the hope that keeps you going. Your team will face a wounded animal well motivated to win this game. If you think your team will win this game easily you need to think again.. This game is possibly your last chance to open a gap with another 3 tough asks to follow. 

However it ends both clubs will have exceeded expectations this season.