The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

If Ross goes to bad, life goes on. If you look at it plainly, he had a mixed time here last season. I'd like him to stay because I think he is a good manager and I'm not sure who would take his place. But I think he'll find it hard at Dundee for a number of reasons. Of the two clubs right now, I think we're on the up and Dundee on the down. Hartley basically took them as far as they can go.

Dundee finished top 6 in the top flight under Hartley, when was the last time St Mirren finished there?

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Nice deflection with the question. I'm sure a competent manager like Ross could have them challenging with the likes of St Johnstone for Europe and a possible cup run.

Don't you think Hartley is a competent manager. Or McCann, who had a look under the bonnet, kicked the wheels and walked away.

Just now, Insaintee said:

Don't you think Hartley is a competent manager. Or McCann, who had a look under the bonnet, kicked the wheels and walked away.

McCann 's terrified that he makes an arse of it and gets the boot. At the moment he's got a cushy well paid secure job at sky.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

McCann 's terrified that he makes an arse of it and gets the boot. At the moment he's got a cushy well paid secure job at sky.

Which I'm sure he'd go back to if he made an arse of it. But clearly sees a big risk of failure, why is that?

No I do not think Hartley was a competent manager, ask any Dundee fan. McCann had a whole four games so far too early to tell. Would be a big move up for him he would be daft to turn it down.

Wibble.

I'm not trying to imply you're insane for thinking Jack Ross won't go to Dundee. I'm not bothered either way. But the absolute state you've all got yourself into on this thread (and div on twitter) at the mere suggestion of it, off the back of a column in the pishy evening telegraph. Deary me. You're more deluded than the Falkirk fans. One guy has been leafing through Dundees accounts to try and justify why he would stay at St Mirren ffs.

Like I said Hartley took Dundee as far as they can go. 

Did he f**k[emoji23] I've not seen many of your posts on here but from what I have seen you talk some amount of shite.

You and the rest of your tear stained pals seem to be forgetting the fact hat you had to go on something like a 14 match unbeaten run to scrape safety on the last day of the season with a draw against the league winners in a league containing part time teams.

These nonsense claims that you are a "bigger club" than an established premier league club, and that your manager wouldn't leave to move up a division is fucking ridiculous. If Jack Ross gets the chance, he'll jump at the job. I'm not just saying that with regards to Dundee, he'd jump to any premiership sides and a lot of championship sides.

4 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Which I'm sure he'd go back to if he made an arse of it. But clearly sees a big risk of failure, why is that?

I think the two heavy defeats dented his confidence big time. Do u really think sky would keep his job open for him on the chance he may get the boot. They'll have someone else in straight away.

Don't think cash will be the main draw. Chance to manage his club in the top flight would be more important to him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Trump said:

No I do not think Hartley was a competent manager, ask any Dundee fan. McCann had a whole four games so far too early to tell. Would be a big move up for him he would be daft to turn it down.

LoL. 

What has Ross done that Hartley hasn't? Do you think it was just by luck Hartley got Dundee into the top six. Next you'll be saying that Falkirk would have won the playoff if only they never had Houston in charge.

Jack Ross has a good working and personal relationship with Gordon Scott. It's also no secret that Gordon Scott has been in constant communication with Jack Ross whilst he's been on holiday this week regarding players coming in.

GLS is a shrewd operator and businessman and certainly not usually the type for bold statements, even being so coy back in December as to say that he believed we' survive but still was willing to discuss the game plan had we been relegated. I don't believe for a minute he's going to go to a national press journalist and tell them that 'that's the end of it' in regards to closing the door on Dundee being allowed to speak to our manager without prior knowledge and more importantly, consent to do so from Jack Ross. It just doesn't make sense and would be completely out of character and risk pissing off a manager he's got a great rapport with.

I half expect a new contract on the table for Jack Ross as soon as he is back.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Forgive my ignorance, but is Jack Ross really worthy of all this quite staggering fawning over?

Not really. And to be honest, I'd be quite nervous with such an appointment.

But, in true Kevin Keegan style, I'd love it, love it if he came to Dens, just to see the utter meltdown amongst the St Mirren fans. 

Look what they're like when there's the potential possibility that he may or may not have been top of our shortlist. 

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Did he f**kemoji23.png I've not seen many of your posts on here but from what I have seen you talk some amount of shite.

You and the rest of your tear stained pals seem to be forgetting the fact hat you had to go on something like a 14 match unbeaten run to scrape safety on the last day of the season with a draw against the league winners in a league containing part time teams.

These nonsense claims that you are a "bigger club" than an established premier league club, and that your manager wouldn't leave to move up a division is fucking ridiculous. If Jack Ross gets the chance, he'll jump at the job. I'm not just saying that with regards to Dundee, he'd jump to any premiership sides and a lot of championship sides.

Slavering mess ^^^^^^

When the last 30 years have you done better? I had to google to check. Because outside of Dundee no one cares. When did you last win a major trophy? When was the last time you were out of united's shadow. Big team my arse.