IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least Van Der Weg isn't a signing who'll need months to get match fit and it means McMann won't play week in, week out, no matter how he's performing, so happy enough with him in. Jenkins we'll just have to wait and see. I'm more concerned that the Greek midfielder hasn't featured yet. Surely he has to be up to speed by now and ready at least for a place on the bench for Sunday?

VDW could have been signed to play wingback and allow Imrie to get further forward. Which I'm fine with as he's jobby at wing-back.
Strange I was thinking we might go with this:
Woods
Skondras, Sarris, Tomas, VDW
Kozo and Scott
Miller, Ali, Imrie
Oggy

34 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Woods
Kozo and Scott
Miller, Ali, Imrie
Oggy

Starting Kozo *Who hasn't kicked a ball in months since signing and when fit barely kicked a ball * And Charlie Scott who has played 21 games in 2 seasons a start and a kid who hasn't played a professional football match on the wing?  ...isn't what i'd personally wanna risk versus Rangers. I think a flat 4 is the best option going forward as a club. Imrie needs dropped alongside his left wing companion Mcmann until he can at least show some semblance of previous form. 

I'd prefer 

Woods

Skondras Sarris  Tomas    Weg

Jenkins    Gogic 

Templeton   Ali    Redmond

Bingham 

Jenkins would give some much needed height to midfield, if Ali or Redmond struggle, you can always fire on Imrie or Ferguson. 

Oggy of course can add to the physical forward if Bingham does his usual of getting bullied off the ball. 

45 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Woods
Kozo and Scott
Miller, Ali, Imrie
Oggy

Imagine telling us on the 1st of January that that would be our team come February. 

58 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

Starting Kozo *Who hasn't kicked a ball in months since signing and when fit barely kicked a ball * And Charlie Scott who has played 21 games in 2 seasons a start and a kid who hasn't played a professional football match on the wing?  ...isn't what i'd personally wanna risk versus Rangers. I think a flat 4 is the best option going forward as a club. Imrie needs dropped alongside his left wing companion Mcmann until he can at least show some semblance of previous form. 

I'd prefer 

Woods

Jenkins    Gogic 

Bingham 

Jenkins would give some much needed height to midfield, if Ali or Redmond struggle, you can always fire on Imrie or Ferguson. 

Oggy of course can add to the physical forward if Bingham does his usual of getting bullied off the ball. 

Too lightweight a team with Ali,Redmond and Temps:the former two led to us being overrun v Rangers the last time at NDP in midfield,plus Bingham is useless as a lone forward as the ball bounces back almost always.

Ferguson for me instead of either of Crawford or Redmond plus here is a surprise- trying to turn Bingham into a right or left midfielder with the ability to take the ball a run down the line relieving pressure on the defence and able to back up Temps or Oggy/Rojano when required.

What is worrying that the likes of Scott,Kozo or Jenkins will be miles away in terms of match fitness;in our position we need guys who can hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Too lightweight a team with Ali,Redmond and Temps:the former two led to us being overrun v Rangers the last time at NDP in midfield,plus Bingham is useless as a lone forward as the ball bounces back almost always.

Ferguson for me instead of either of Crawford or Redmond plus here is a surprise- trying to turn Bingham into a right or left midfielder with the ability to take the ball a run down the line relieving pressure on the defence and able to back up Temps or Oggy/Rojano when required.

What is worrying that the likes of Scott,Kozo or Jenkins will be miles away in terms of match fitness;in our position we need guys who can hit the ground running.

Unfortunately our 'weak midfield' is inevitable. We have zero options for height and strength in the attacking section of our midfield.  Lewis Ferguson does not possess a lot of height or strength either.  Gogic would take Daz's role and Jenkins has height.
I've seen Bingham play on the left twice now, he was fucking shocking. I think he has a lot of potential that just needs to be met, I'm hoping Jason Scotland can mentor him. 

I'd prefer 
                                Woods
                       Jenkins    Gogic 
                             Bingham 

Swap Rojano for Bingham and [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

14 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

VDW could have been signed to play wingback and allow Imrie to get further forward. Which I'm fine with as he's jobby at wing-back.

Do you guys play three at the back?  He basically can't play wing back.  Doesn't have the pace or positioning for that.  He's a sitting left back, or a centre back (usually on the left side of a three for us, but his highlights reel shows him playing on the right of a back three for his Dutch club).

Good lord, he's not a wing back.  He just isn't suited to that at all.  

15 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Maybe slot Imrie in as well.

I do really like Rojano, it just depends if he's match fit yet, or Bingham for that matter. I felt Bingham's pace could cause Rangers some problems.
I was once a staunch Dougie supporter, his form however this season should really lead to him being dropped. He's been abysmal most of this season., outwith a couple of fine penalties converted. 

20 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Imagine telling us on the 1st of January that that would be our team come February. 

Imagine telling you on the 13 th of February that what you say is our team actually isn't our team, it's a list of individuals which compromise our squad, and is FB preferred selection, really don't think anyone amongst us could second guess Canzo and confidently predict the starting 11 and formation we will employ on Sunday.

Imagine telling you on the 13 th of February that what you say is our team actually isn't our team, it's a list of individuals which compromise our squad, and is FB preferred selection, really don't think anyone amongst us could second guess Canzo and confidently predict the starting 11 and formation we will employ on Sunday.

Word salad ^^

15 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Happy Valentine's Day. X

On 12/02/2018 at 23:57, JudgeFlash said:

I think he has a lot of potential that just needs to be met, I'm hoping Jason Scotland can mentor him. 

Do we know if he's still coaching with us after signing to play with Junior side Lochee Harp?

Archived