IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

accies1874 right again.

Happyh*n wrong again. 

I never said a forum wouldn't be held, try reading posts before making assumptions, I said if Ronnie is taking us into admin as his interview suggested the forum will as has been stated be a car crash and imo pointless.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Genuine question and not having a dig here. As a big supporter of both teams, how would you feel about Rangers buying Accies and converting them into a colt team?

You support Motherwell, Accies and sevco you keep your options open do you not.

10 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Oh dear judge what a horrific post.

The club has never in its history endured a period of administration, and certainly has never been liquidated.

The reason money men will be reluctant to get involved in a club like accies is because there is practically zero prospect of any return on their outlay, to the best of my knowledge the club do not have a wealthy benefactor amongst our fanbase who would be able to rescue us.

I will say again if the club I love enters into a voluntary period of Administration I can only see it ending with a grim outcome .

By liquidation i obviously meant administration. Do you not remember the 70's where the club resigned from the league? Or 1994 where we sold our ground and could barely scrape two pennies together whilst ground sharing? Or the 1999/2000 season where players went unpaid? Or our 15 point deduction as the club couldn't fulfil fixtures? Naw...had nothing like this before ;)

I was privvy to a conversation around 4 years ago, regarding a turkish businessman based now in Glasgow who admired Hamilton and had approached regarding buying into the club, he was told no, I wasn't informed as to the reasons given, despite having a lot of money at his disposal it was deemed a no go. 

59 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

By liquidation i obviously meant administration. Do you not remember the 70's where the club resigned from the league? Or 1994 where we sold our ground and could barely scrape two pennies together whilst ground sharing? Or the 1999/2000 season where players went unpaid? Or our 15 point deduction as the club couldn't fulfil fixtures? Naw...had nothing like this before ;)

I was privvy to a conversation around 4 years ago, regarding a turkish businessman based now in Glasgow who admired Hamilton and had approached regarding buying into the club, he was told no, I wasn't informed as to the reasons given, despite having a lot of money at his disposal it was deemed a no go. 

The club never entered administration, in any of the instances you have highlighted, we resigned from the Scottish league in 1970 for a short period, we were rescued due to the efforts of the old supporters club who approached a few local businesses and secured our future. We were served with a 15 pt penalty for failing to fulfill a fixture as the players took strike action to ensure payment of wages, again no period of Administration was imposed, the sale of old Douglas Park merely rendered us as homeless once again no period of Administration was enforced, so your information although correct in many aspects is wrong when you involve administration.

16 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

The club never entered administration, in any of the instances you have highlighted, we resigned from the Scottish league in 1970 for a short period, we were rescued due to the efforts of the old supporters club who approached a few local businesses and secured our future. We were served with a 15 pt penalty for failing to fulfill a fixture as the players took strike action to ensure payment of wages, again no period of Administration was imposed, the sale of old Douglas Park merely rendered us as homeless once again no period of Administration was enforced, so your information although correct in many aspects is wrong when you involve administration.

Aye, but by "administration" he obviously meant "hit a wee bit of a rocky patch". :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

It seems the younger elements of the Accies support may not   have the "testicular fortitude" of us middle aged and older fans if comments here and elsewhere are the general consensus...sadly if this is the case.

If we had the  "let's accept this attitude",then they wouldn't even have a club to support.We were in a much worse situation than this:No ground for seven years,dropping Three Divisions after being top of The Championship/First Division,selling any half decent players,deducted 15 points,a game cancelled because of a dodgy kettle,more fans outside than inside the "home ground",crowds down to 150 at Firhill,Sit Ins,the "guerrilla warfare"against Directors,putting a candidate up for Parliament,utilising the then Media,paying the Players' wages and having secret meetings with Council leaders to force them to build some semblance of a ground after £6million pounds from the sale of the Old Douglas Park disappeared etc etc etc.

We have been in a much more precarious position-no need to think of throwing in the towel.

I am aware of all the points you have raised, and yes the pressure groups done a fantastic job in ensuring the club returned to the town after our nomadic years, this situation is different in that the chairman who is currently financing the day to day running of the club has intimated in an interview the very real prospect of the club going into admin, when the only noteable debtors we have at the moment is the chairman according to previous statements, this implies that the chairman may have hit the bottom of his money pit and can no longer throw money at it, if this is the case I don't think there is any knight clad in armour who will arrive as our saviour, any cash injection to secure our immediate future  will exactly be that. Our club is uninvestible as our limited fanbase makes the club reliant upon other finance streams to operate season upon season, their is practically zero chance of any dividend return on any investment, unless we hit a rich vein of youths accruing substantial transfer fees again.

1 hour ago, JudgeFlash said:

3 minutes ago, Helpma said:

Aye, but by "administration" he obviously meant "hit a wee bit of a rocky patch". :rolleyes:

First sentence doesn't back your post.

On 08/02/2018 at 08:00, Silvio said:

I read that Accies are suing RBS, good luck.

From what I've read it looks like the first few payments were stopped? If the club confirmed that they were genuine then the fraud system wouldn't refer any payments over the next few hours or so. It's designed to reduce the impact on genuine customers/payments.

Sounds like the case will come down to that as RBS will argue that their controls worked.

The bank will try and claim the company ie. Hamilton were negligent in their financial transactions. It will be a long and drawn out affair.

It seems the younger elements of the Accies support may not   have the "testicular fortitude" of us middle aged and older fans if comments here and elsewhere are the general consensus...sadly if this is the case.
If we had the  "let's accept this attitude",then they wouldn't even have a club to support.We were in a much worse situation than this:No ground for seven years,dropping Three Divisions after being top of The Championship/First Division,selling any half decent players,deducted 15 points,a game cancelled because of a dodgy kettle,more fans outside than inside the "home ground",crowds down to 150 at Firhill,Sit Ins,the "guerrilla warfare"against Directors,putting a candidate up for Parliament,utilising the then Media,paying the Players' wages and having secret meetings with Council leaders to force them to build some semblance of a ground after £6million pounds from the sale of the Old Douglas Park disappeared etc etc etc.
We have been in a much more precarious position-no need to think of throwing in the towel.

IMG_9267.jpg

10 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Is he any good? I just remember him being a big fucker.

He's more of a cult icon than a good footballer.
Strong, great work-rate, and great to to have if you need someone put back in their box (Leigh Griffiths) or a youngster who needs backed up on the pitch (Keillor-Dunn).

Limited pace and can get caught out of position, so if the opposition has a pacey winger who can play on the right he will likely be targeted.
If your team is compact though, and there's protection on left midfield (something we badly lacked), he can do a job.

He filled in on the left of a back 3 for us a few times last season and I thought he did alright; few naive moments when he first played there, and he's not great in the air, but he did a job.

Basically, he's a limited footballer but fans tend to love him.

From memory, his bird is amazing.

Archived