Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Risky - Celtic need every penny they can get to stay solvent.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Did i just dream about the near 7 million profit report the other day?

Whoosh...

16 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

23755365_1773535239353040_16456776199875

If we are giving our tactics away - I think we are intending to go 3-4-3 with Ntcham and Brown protecting the defence (thinking being 3 ball winners in middle third), but forced into 5-4-1 when Rogic and McGregor fall back and Forrest and Tierney revert to standard fullback roles... probably then go 451/433 with Sinclair on for Rogic if it doesn't work

or... just standard 433 with McG on right (like the Ronny days)

1 minute ago, Booker-T said:

If we are giving our tactics away - I think we are intending to go 3-4-3 with Ntcham and Brown protecting the defence (thinking being 3 ball winners in middle third), but forced into 5-4-1 when Rogic and McGregor fall back and Forrest and Tierney revert to standard fullback roles... probably then go 451/433 with Sinclair on for Rogic if it doesn't work

Agreed, it certainly looks that we'll be lining up with 3 at the back with Forrest and Tierney filling in as wing backs.   Personally, this is the best team we could be putting out against PSG.  I'm a massive of fan of Sinclair but he's been too hot and cold this season and we cannot afford any passengers tonight so it's a wise move to bench him.

1 minute ago, TheCelt67 said:

Agreed, it certainly looks that we'll be lining up with 3 at the back with Forrest and Tierney filling in as wing backs.   Personally, this is the best team we could be putting out against PSG.  I'm a massive of fan of Sinclair but he's been too hot and cold this season and we cannot afford any passengers tonight so it's a wise move to bench him.

I'm a fan of Sinclair, he is good at what he does which is expose poor to average (by professional standards) footballers with his dribbling. He is also adept at finishing against anyone and his movement in the final third is excellent.

His assets are not what is required tonight, we need our forwards to either take care to retain the ball or turn PSG defenders towards their own goal.

1 minute ago, TheCelt67 said:

And here was me thinking that Thistle fans left the bigotry aside when it came to their football...

maybe he typed it in an ironic way.

like a hipster bigot

Archived