Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Nice piece from today’s Bild.

DECLARATION OF LOVE FROM THE BILD REPORTER

If you want to know what the big bang feels like, you just have to be in Celtic Park when Celtic Glasgow scores.

This stadium is pure magic. The fans in the stands just amazing. Goosebumps guarantee. Perfect football atmosphere. Or simply: The best football mood in the world!

I was able to watch many great games in Europe and have lots of magical moments: "You'll Never Walk Alone" in Liverpool. 100,000 fans in Barcelona singing the Barca anthem. The crazy fans of Sevilla, who ignite a runner in front of the teams, which makes the whole stadium shake. The whipping fans of Atlético Madrid. The trembling south stand in Dortmund, when the winner against Real falls. The collective ecstasy in the Weserstadion, as Werder (yes, they were once in the Champions League) led 5: 1, and then just before the end of the redeeming goal of Barca was shown in parallel on the scoreboard and Werder brought in 2nd place. But Celtic tops it all! I've never heard a stadium roar louder than McGregor's 1-1 win. Everyone, really everybody jumped up. Fantastic. A gate orgasm of almost 60,000 Scottish throats.

Magic also the 67th minute, when the whole stadium lights up the mobile phone lights and all fans sing the "In the heat of Lisbon" song for the European Cup Heroes of 1967. If this does not come close, who has no (football) )Heart.

Already shortly before kick-off the German fans were astonished. The "You'll never walk alone" can easily take on Liverpool. As the teams arrive from the time-honored catacombs, the entire stadium roars as if on command.

If you do not like this mood, you do not love football. Even Karl-Heinz Rummenigge enthused in his banquet speech: "That was football in pure culture, from the atmosphere, from the stadium. And many, who are on the road with FC Bayern for a long time, have felt transported back to old times. That was a great atmosphere that we experienced here. "

Many Bayern fans were a bit sad in the stadium - because at home in the Allianz Arena, it is inconceivable, with very few exceptions, that people jump on the grandstands and roar and whip their team forward.

It's normal at Celtic - and for me, the game was one of the best stadium experiences of all time.

Dear Celtic fans: Even if you mostly lose in Europe - you are still world class!

Are they suggesting celtic fans are relics from a bygone age...like neanderthals for example?

7 hours ago, The OP said:

Made the next round bitchez. Booya. 

Anyway, I’m not sure about these “run at the Europa league” assumptions I’m hearing a lot of. With the likes of Dortmund and Atletico ready to drop in it looks like it will be stronger than last season.

Gonnae copyright “The Lyon Lions” just incase though.

Griffiths > Aubameyang > Griezmann 8)

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'm assuming Der Bild is German for Daily Record.

No mate, it means "The Picture". You're thinking of Tagesrekord.

Es freut mich zu helfen.

But aye, it is a German tabloid.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

No idea.  Just typed some old shite into Google translate.

I got that bit, I was trying some old fashioned English, from the day of Charles Charlie Charles.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see.  I suppose we'll all be talking like that over here once Brexit takes effect.

Non of your poncey Swiss French chat here, matey.

None of it here either. I live on the German side of the Röstigraben, thank f**k.

Not exactly, it just allows us to lord it over all the other graveyard stadiums of the UK and beyond, and their eternally miserable set of fans.

Think it’s important to remember that the same organisation who said Celtic fans were the best in the world gave the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

Think it’s important to remember that the same organisation who said Celtic fans were the best in the world gave the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

Don't they also think Rangers and Sevco are the same club?
Tbh, nobody's really that bothered, but the seethe and teeth grinding is quite funny.

Archived