Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason a bunch of young neds come up and congregate on the stairs right next to my seat when we play a European game or Rangers. Area 411 incase anyone is familiar with this. They have loads of booze and smoke dope and shit. They were going mental when we were missing chances at 2-0 as if we were in trouble of going out. They stand right in front of me and me being a bit of a shitebag just sit and take it because I don't want stabbed.

I was being my usual mellow self just happily watching the game, refusing to partake in the 10 minutes of party songs. The moment that nearly sent me over the edge was Armstrong coming on and the announcer telling us the sub was Stuuuart Aaaarmstong and one of the wee p***ks shouted Stuuuart Arsehole.

We do have a fair amount of scumbags in our support and a lot of them were out in force tonight.

2 hours ago, Menzel said:

If it starts kicking off I guess we're in for another AFJ meltdown.

Not really, we were, as expected, well beaten. Still, quite a few SPLF teams will take a humping at Parkhead this season, and I'm just glad to get out without an 8-0 horsing.

The atmosphere was absolutely rancid and both sets of fans towards the away end were a disgrace. If the singing is reported then both clubs will be looking at hefty fines. Celtic fan on the pitch just in front of the away fans and was walked back into the crowd by a steward. Fighting at the back of me, and fans from both sides lifted (I think, certainly taken away by police, and I doubt it was for a burger).

Police did a good job afterwards to keep fans apart but it was a long walk to Dalmarnock with fans on either side of the road and a thin line of police jackets in between. I'm too old for that shit.

Hopefully we never play each other again.

Not really, we were, as expected, well beaten. Still, quite a few SPLF teams will take a humping at Parkhead this season, and I'm just glad to get out without an 8-0 horsing.
The atmosphere was absolutely rancid and both sets of fans towards the away end were a disgrace. If the singing is reported then both clubs will be looking at hefty fines. Celtic fan on the pitch just in front of the away fans and was walked back into the crowd by a steward. Fighting at the back of me, and fans from both sides lifted (I think, certainly taken away by police, and I doubt it was for a burger).
Police did a good job afterwards to keep fans apart but it was a long walk to Dalmarnock with fans on either side of the road and a thin line of police jackets in between. I'm too old for that shit.
Hopefully we never play each other again.

Hopefully you lot never come to Scotland again.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Brendan's Undefeated Army with a Rodgers stop sign and a Green Brigade boy...

I assume you're deliberately be facetious. Horrible banners, which I imagine will result in some serious reprisals from uefa.

9 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

For some reason a bunch of young neds come up and congregate on the stairs right next to my seat when we play a European game or Rangers. Area 411 incase anyone is familiar with this. They have loads of booze and smoke dope and shit. They were going mental when we were missing chances at 2-0 as if we were in trouble of going out. They stand right in front of me and me being a bit of a shitebag just sit and take it because I don't want stabbed.

I was being my usual mellow self just happily watching the game, refusing to partake in the 10 minutes of party songs. The moment that nearly sent me over the edge was Armstrong coming on and the announcer telling us the sub was Stuuuart Aaaarmstong and one of the wee p***ks shouted Stuuuart Arsehole.

We do have a fair amount of scumbags in our support and a lot of them were out in force tonight.

This is the internet mate, your reasonable thinking has no place here.  The correct internet response is how you offered to take them on despite the fact they are team handed and you're sitting solo.  ;)

4 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

It is indeed. Linfield fans were singing that version of "Follow Follow" when I was slim and still had hair, and that certainly wasn't recently.

Essentially my question is do you sing "Follow Follow we will follow Linfield" or "Follow Follow we will follow Rangers". If it's the former, do you refer to Dundee and Hamilton, which I know are in the lyrics somewhere?

Still genuinely curious.

Thank fook and good riddance Linfield, next up the Norwegians. Tougher fixture and better opposition to test our defence, can't see Gordon camping out at the half way circle this time. Another week for the new bhoys to gel in and better the squads quality, hopefully.

A win both home & away looks promising but never guaranteed.

7 minutes ago, The OP said:

The fact that Rosenborg needed extra time to dispatch Dundalk is very promising, although Dundalk did not bad in Europe last season. 

2 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Rosenborg aren't the team they were in the late 90's, it won't be easy but I'd be surprised if we don't beat them home and away.

A decade ago I'd be very wary of Celtic losing this fixture, but since they got scudded off of the Saints I have more faith in Celtic progres'sing, har har. Hopefully Bentnar is just picking up his last pay day and doesn't have one of those ties he bangs just about every shot right at goal or sneaking crafty sitters and tap ins.

I would love to see a few screamers into the back of the net from the new boys. :) And then wait for Gestapo HQ in Govan to release the party line to ease the bears fears. :lol:

Linfield might just have been the worst team ive watched at Celtic Park, would probably struggle to survive in the championship let alone the top league in Scotland with the pish they play. Couldn't string 2 passes together and was just a simple boot it as far up the park as possible whenever they got it and stick the boot in whenever possible.

Seen part-timers in Scotland give us much more of a game then these clowns managed to muster over 2 legs. Roy Carroll (and some poor finishing) pretty much kept the aggregate score in single figures.

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hopefully you lot never come to Scotland again.

Why do you pretend to be an Arbroath fan?

Only scum would attempt to dismiss those banners as much ado about nothing.

The Green Brigade are trouble making pseudo political fuckwits. Celtic know it but continue to allow them into their ground.

I really hope a very large fine is coming Celtic's way, that may encourage them to change their stance towards the daft c***s.

Archived