Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The OP said:

Definitely think we should play Ajer. Eoghan O'Connell did his bit in the CL qualifiers last season and Ajer is clearly a better player. 

Would definitely be more comfortable having a back 4 with Ajer to start the match than a back 3, the width that KT and Lustig can provide will be useful and having the extra defender will be critical to avoid conceding away goals against a team that can get goals from a few different sources.  

Yeah back 4 for me as well. f**k trying to change to a back 3 for a game like this. Would rather have KTs attacking threat.

Think we'll line up as per usual, with Sinclair, Hayes and Forrest as the front 3 with Hayes and Sinclair rotating between left wing and centre forward.

Celtic are playing at a very good level there is no doubt that Rosenborg will be a better team than linfield but linfield couldn't even manage to string two passes together celtic's press was to much for them, rosenborg will have to keep the ball better plus they play a more direct game so we need height at the back but still think Celtic have better quality players than rosenborg looking forward to it.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic are playing at a very good level there is no doubt that Rosenborg will be a better team than linfield but linfield couldn't even manage to string two passes together celtic's press was to much for them, rosenborg will have to keep the ball better plus they play a more direct game so we need height at the back but still think Celtic have better quality players than rosenborg looking forward to it.

We can't forget that without Roy Carroll in goal for Linfield it could have been 7 or 8 nil last week so there is still every reason to be confident in Celtic's ability to score goals.  I think it's more important to avoid conceding tonight than filling the net.  2-0 is a much better result than 4-2 so we are better served playing a bit more defensive this game to find out what we need to do in the second leg.  

51 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

We can't forget that without Roy Carroll in goal for Linfield it could have been 7 or 8 nil last week so there is still every reason to be confident in Celtic's ability to score goals.  I think it's more important to avoid conceding tonight than filling the net.  2-0 is a much better result than 4-2 so we are better served playing a bit more defensive this game to find out what we need to do in the second leg.  

Celtic have enough fire power to score in both legs the injures at the back is a worry plus Griffiths stupid mistake leaves us short at both ends of the pitch not ideal so would agree with you with the 2-0 and to score in Norway to finish the tie also Brendan Rodgers ability to change the match if things go wrong gives me confidence. 

It will be 4 at the back, probably Ntcham with brown in front of the defenders, 3 in midfield too many choices to actually say who will actually be picked but I can see Armstrong and nae neck as wingers, Sinclair up front. Maybe I might have the players wrong but I think we'll go a 4-2-3-1.

I don't care how many Celtic score as long as its a victory and a clean sheet. :)

Mon the Hoops intae these Scandinavian fuckwits. :guns

I once got a Norwegian whey cheese. I think it was called Ski Gjetost. It was rank.
Therefore I feel obliged to lend my support to Rosenberg tonight...

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Mon 'eh Rosenborg.

"One-way traffic.. complete domination... a very poor Celtic team". Video evidence, if any proof were needed, that Sellick are fucking shit. 

Archived