Dundee United 2017/2018

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Actually I think its quite interesting. I would like to see a definitive resolution. Buddist has asked Monkman to reference the actual law / statute which presumably he will be able to do.

Its got feck all to do with the Robson incident now but its very P&B. :)

Fairy Nuff - Agree it is very P&B, but could you not take yourselves off to a wee thread of your own and thrash it out there, and we can get back to using this one to chat about the mighty Terrors??????

Ideally you could lock it and only give the access password to those who can prove (beyond reasonable doubt) that they give a f**k. :rolleyes:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Actually I think its quite interesting. I would like to see a definitive resolution. Buddist has asked Monkman to reference the actual law / statute which presumably he will be able to do.

Its got feck all to do with the Robson incident now but its very P&B. :)

I think Buddist Monk should get shitfaced and we can all act as witnesses to this and video it.

He can then get in a car in an area where he cannot possibly be a danger to anyone other than himself and drive.

We will then hand the video over to the authorities and see what transpires.

If it goes to court Random Guy’s girlfriend and Skyline Drifter can act as his defence team.

11 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Fairy Nuff - Agree it is very P&B, but could you not take yourselves off to a wee thread of your own and thrash it out there, and we can get back to using this one to chat about the mighty Terrors??????

Ideally you could lock it and only give the access password to those who can prove (beyond reasonable doubt) that they give a f**k. :rolleyes:

You should post half as much and half as often but no one complains.

This is far more interesting than whether Billy King can beat a man or what formation Lazlo prefers.

Have a few days off.

Police receive a call from a landlord that some fud has sat in his bar all night on the whiskey and got up, left, jumped in the car and headed home. Police go out and pull said 'fud' see he's absolutely reeking and take him to the cop shop. Once there he's asked to provide a sample which he refuses. Meanwhile the arresting officers head to the pub he was drinking in and speak to the landlord and around another 20 or so drinkers who all say ' yes he was sat there drinking for 4 hours straight'. Police head back to the station where the 'fud' is still refusing to provide a sample. By this time it's 3 or 4 hours later and that's now 4 times he's refused to take a test. He's papped in the holding cells and left to sleep it off. He wakes up and is charged with "failing to provide a sample" and not drink driving. 

Why? Well that's because for all they know, he could still be under the limit and without test results to prove otherwise then there's heehaw they can do about it.

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

Care to highlight this explicitness in the actual law?

And to help you, here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/53/contents

ps: You need to update your sig to include St Mirren.. ;)

s.7 with the specific measurements a matter for secondary legislation.

Rather than ask for convoluted examples of case law where folk have filmed it and all that shit, why don't you provide an example of case law where there was a successful prosecution in the absence of any blood/breathe/urine samples.

This should be straightforward enough.

19 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You should post half as much and half as often but no one complains.

This is far more interesting than whether Billy King can beat a man or what formation Lazlo prefers.

Have a few days off.

Apologies. I was under the misapprehension that I was posting on a football forum.

Do carry on.... :)

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We all think that to begin with. It's more like group therapy.

Do you want to share your experience of growing up in Invergowrie and only having a punnet of raspberries and a £500 note to last each month with the group?

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

This should be straightforward enough.

Yeah, the most straightforward thing would be to point to exactly where in the legislation it supports your argument, something nobody so far has managed to do, rather than the onus on me going through every single drink driving case and analysing the court report.

Section 7, which you referred to, does not.

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yeah, the most straightforward thing would be to point to exactly where legislation that supports your argument, something nobody so far has managed to do, rather than the onus on me going through every single drink driving case and analysing the court report.

You don't have to go through every case.

You are obviously a student/practitioner of the law. Citing precedent for unusual or important cases is usually pretty easy.

You will also be fully aware that technical guidance is rarely contained within primary legislation.

I think as you are steadfastly refusing to offer up anything to back up your position I'll bow out now. I'm confident the casual reader can make their own mind up.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

You don't have to go through every case.

You are obviously a student/practitioner of the law. Citing precedent for unusual or important cases is usually pretty easy.

Sadly that is exactly what you are asking of me. My contention has never been that Robson should be charged, more just that he could. Those who are making assumptions do so without actually referencing the actual texts of the law. This is fairly prevalent in the footballing community because we all do it with referees. We'll see an offence either given or not, spend hours debating the pros/cons then somebody actually looks at the laws of the game and finds it different to what the common assumption is/was.

My only involvement in this thread was to correct that, and the assumption that cctv would be inadmissible. I have no axe to grind with either club or player.

I find the tediosity equally exasperating but it's borne from people just making assumption.

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

Sadly that is exactly what you are asking of me. My contention has never been that Robson should be charged, more just that he could. Those who are making assumptions do so without actually referencing the actual texts of the law. This is fairly prevalent in the footballing community because we all do it with referees. We'll see an offence either given or not, spend hours debating the pros/cons then somebody actually looks at the laws of the game and finds it different to what the common assumption is/was.

My only involvement in this thread was to correct that, and the assumption that cctv would be inadmissible. I have no axe to grind with either club or player.

I find the tediosity equally exasperating but it's borne from people just making assumption.

F*ck sake, you could be a Falkirk poster.

Without having ever been charged with such an incident - surely if the person just refuses to give a breath test they can then only be charged with dangerous driving? That seems a bit iffy, no?

Archived