Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Recall a right back, play two left backs instead.

well done shabba

Try 3 left backs. 

Hearing your keeper (somebody Louis) is truly horrific at dealing with crosses into the penalty area. Hopefully all the other teams have noticed this and play on it. 

No I did do that.

I’ve also got a couple of incredible ST tales I could tell but I’d just get the ‘that’s a lot of shite’ retort so I’ll keep them to myself.

I’ll give you a few facts though

1) we relegated you
2) we knocked you out of the cup
3) the likelihood of united getting promoted is diminishing
4) you are in very serious financial trouble

Hopefully bankruptcy will visit Tannadump but that’s a dream not a fact.

Get the baldy snake stories out there ????????

No I did do that.

I’ve also got a couple of incredible ST tales I could tell but I’d just get the ‘that’s a lot of shite’ retort so I’ll keep them to myself.

I’ll give you a few facts though

1) we relegated you
2) we knocked you out of the cup
3) the likelihood of united getting promoted is diminishing
4) you are in very serious financial trouble

Hopefully bankruptcy will visit Tannadump but that’s a dream not a fact.

Get the baldy snake stories out there ????????

4 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

That would be seriously bad - losing your training facility and all.

Do you think crowds will decline sharply as well?

The training facility is a bit of a white elephant anyway but it would be a blow losing it. The crowds are already 5500ish most weeks with, I would imagine, 500 or so dropping from that next season if we were still in the division. The weekly gates aren't the big one, it would be the season ticket numbers. Realistically you would probably see a big drop in ST holders.

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

The training facility is a bit of a white elephant anyway but it would be a blow losing it. The crowds are already 5500ish most weeks with, I would imagine, 500 or so dropping from that next season if we were still in the division. The weekly gates aren't the big one, it would be the season ticket numbers. Realistically you would probably see a big drop in ST holders.

If the crowd numbers hold up whether PATG or ST then the revenue will not be affected, only the cash flow and I don’t think that will be as big an issue.

I’ve always believed that the only way to promotion is through winning the league; finish anywhere other than first then we’re in this division for at least another season.

We should be concerned about the losses to St Mirren and Falkirk but not despondent; there’s still along way to go in this league.

Barring the rearranged QotS game, our next four league fixtures are Dunfermline (A), Morton (H), ICT (A) and Livingston (A).  The results from these games, and from the games our main rivals play, should give an indication as to how the season will go.

If we are going to collapse on our travels then we are fucked for the season.

Its a  big ask for our squad to win the league. I think if we do manage it, it will obviously be an amazing effort and would involve a St. Mirren bottle crash - both of which seem miles away at the moment.

The away form is whats been majorly fucking us for a long time. Its also been a mix of shite players not coping with being the big team in the league, playing teams that press hard and put us on the back foot, having bad luck with injuries and having shite managers.

In Csaba i think we have a decent manager. Well, better than the last few but thats not saying much. Hes just in the door and has done well. Now he needs to get the new guys up to speed fucking quickly to prove if they will be of any use. 

I have a horrible feeling we'll be in the playoffs. Everything is going right for the Maureens and we've lost 2 of our most influential players for the season.

I think we will know this time next month if Csaba is the man to get us back up.

26 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

How did Mason and Slater play in there first game?

Absolutely brutal and the big lump you brought on didn't look up to much either. Put it one way I'd rather have our new boys than yours any day of the week.

33 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

How did Mason and Slater play in there first game?

Slater - looked like a man who has played about 2 hours of football this year. Hopefully will come onto a game.

Mason - is sand dancer a racist term? If so then that's not how I would describe him. Either he was told by Csaba to keep possession at all times, even if it means a backwards pass or he is shite feart to get up the line. When he didn't have the ball it was like he had a tag on his ankle that of he strayed more than a yard from the touchline on half way it would kill his family.

Lyng - looked like a boy who hasn't played football since October.

Please keep in mind I barely saw 2/3 of the game.

Slater - looked like a man who has played about 2 hours of football this year. Hopefully will come onto a game.
Mason - is sand dancer a racist term? If so then that's not how I would describe him. Either he was told by Csaba to keep possession at all times, even if it means a backwards pass or he is shite feart to get up the line. When he didn't have the ball it was like he had a tag on his ankle that of he strayed more than a yard from the touchline on half way it would kill his family.
Lyng - looked like a boy who hasn't played football since October.
Please keep in mind I barely saw 2/3 of the game.

Pretty much spot on. I feel for Cammy Ballantyne who would have at least provided more balance to the back four. Robson was roasted the entire game and looked totally uncomfortable on his right side.

Archived