Dundee United 2017/2018

Got a wee bit of a soft spot for Lazlo, I have Hungarian friends whose English isn't great and speak in the same "stream of consciousness" manner as he does so I find his interviews funny. Not that my Hungarian is any good, mind.
I presume the piece from the Courier was much longer and they picked out the best clickbait from it.

In fairness you’re right. It’s probably just a mistranslation based on English not being his first language.

To be honest, if we were actually playing I would love these kind of comments. Matter of perspective I guess

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

I realise I am a little late in regard to the Lazlo/Aberdeen story, but why is a manager who is under pressure in one league discussing the merits of another team in another city and in another league?

Same reason you are on a thread discussing the merits of another team ;)

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

I realise I am a little late in regard to the Lazlo/Aberdeen story, but why is a manager who is under pressure in one league discussing the merits of another team in another city and in another league?

Because he was asked. Anytime United face Aberdeen there will always be questions like that given the relationship between the sides. Feel sorry for Laszlo, his interviews are about 20 minutes long and he has a habit of going off track. The journalists must love it because there are at least half a dozen sound bites every single interview.

4 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Same reason you are on a thread discussing the merits of another team ;)

I think we'll all agree, it's not the same reason, however I didn't realise that you lot were playing them in the cup. Making the reason for the piece obvious.

So, my bad... well a little, as his comments are still a bit mental. Maybe it's mind-games, maybe it's lost in translation, maybe it's maybelline.

19 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Ah well. Regardless of what happens on Sunday, at least we won't lose any more ground on St Mirren this weekend.... :wacko:

^^^^ Optimistic that we’ll survive tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Monkey socks said:

Having been through that with my team would not wish it on any club, mate.  Hope it's not as bad as you think.

Appreciate the sentiment MS.

If you read through this thread for the season (and last) you'll find a familiar theme trending virtually every Thursday night.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll see the weekend.*;)

*just.

6 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's a great signing tbf. The financial side of things....well, I'm sure it's fine.

If only we had recently sold a player for in excess of £1.2m that could have helped finance the deal. 

Archived