Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

If only we had recently sold a player for in excess of £1.2m that could have helped finance the deal. 

£1.2m disna go far. Trust us. We ken....8)

stock-photo-big-black-hole-that-sucks-much-money-335014487.jpg

26 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Hopefully Caulker will set Scottish football alight in a similar fashion to fellow ex-EPL players Guy Demel and Florent Sinama-Pongolle.

I think it’s fair to say both the players you quoted were getting on a bit when they signed for United.  Caulker is only 26.  

The quality of manager Caulker will be working with is also far better than what Demel and Pongolle had to endure at United.

51 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

On the day we sign Steven Caulker, Yenited sign a fish and chips deal :lol: you boys crack me up.

Careful Yenitit. The boy hasnae kicked a ba yet...

Marquee signing he may be but there is a reason he has ended up on the scrapheap and a reason why he has come to shite like you lot.

We have signed a few highish profile players over the past few years who wanted to ressurect their careers and look how that worked out.   

Just saying.....

10 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Careful Yenitit. The boy hasnae kicked a ba yet...

Marquee signing he msy be but there is a reason he has ended up on the scrapheap and a reason why he has come to shite like you lot.

We have signed a few highish profile players over the past few years who wanted to ressurect their careers and look how that worked out.   

Just saying.....

You’re quite correct. Could be a fantastic signing, could be a Demel. Defo worth the gamble tho. 

Of all the days to announce your fish and chips deal tho...

23 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

You’re quite correct. Could be a fantastic signing, could be a Demel. Defo worth the gamble tho. 

Of all the days to announce your fish and chips deal tho...

Dunno. I fucking love fish chips and beer.

Have to confess that I am far more excited by this deal than your signing tbh.....;)

18 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Dunno. I fucking love fish chips and beer.

Have to confess that I am far more excited by this deal than your signing tbh.....;)

Seeing as you’re an arab I would expect that reply. I’d be that same if it was the other way about.  

f**k yer Caulker, we’ve got haddock and chips :)

32 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Seeing as you’re an arab I would expect that reply. I’d be that same if it was the other way about.  

f**k yer Caulker, we’ve got haddock and chips :)

You better hope we’re the only ones with a haddock.

14 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I think it’s fair to say both the players you quoted were getting on a bit when they signed for United.  Caulker is only 26.  

The quality of manager Caulker will be working with is also far better than what Demel and Pongolle had to endure at United.

Can't argue with the first sentence, but the jury is still out on the next bit.

Could be a great signing if he's up for it tbf, and he should be motivated with plenty of years left to get back to a higher level.

Could be a great signing if he's up for it tbf, and he should be motivated with plenty of years left to get back to a higher level.

Correct, he's looking at this as a means to his end, right in the shop window playing in Scotland's top league, could possibly turn out to be good for both parties a great bit of business for the Dee.

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Couple of decent months and Celtic will sign him in the summer - such is the pish unfair way of Scottish football

I'd be happy with that as it would mean he'd played tremendously and probably helped us avoid relegation plus we'd get another cool £1m+ payday to go towards rebuilding the squad for next season's assault on the Premiership title. 

I'd be happy with that as it would mean he'd played tremendously and probably helped us avoid relegation plus we'd get another cool £1m+ payday to go towards rebuilding the squad for next season's assault on the Premiership title. 

His agents will be well clued up before he walks out at Dens, I'll bet he has walk away and sell on clauses all signed in blood.

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Caniggia was 33 when we signed him........Old Rangers bought him off us for 1 million

If his head is in the right place he will hopefully make us a few quid

45 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

His agents will be well clued up before he walks out at Dens, I'll bet he has walk away and sell on clauses all signed in blood.

Given that the reason he signed an 18 month contract was probably so as Dundee could get a fee when he moves on, I'd say Dee Man is closer to the truth of what will happen.

Archived