Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

7 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Is today not the last day to apply to eos ?  Your committee arranging the meeting on the 4th is a proper get it right up you were not moving no matter what the vote is.

Several clubs put in applications before going to their members, knowing they could withdraw if need be. I'm hoping those in charge at Prestonfield haven't been so reckless as to cut off the option.

I'm just hoping the gossip on this page is misinformed. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Almost out of nowhere we've hit an existential crisis. I've always been deeply unenthused about the pyramid and I'm a great fan of the Junior game. I'd have preferred for Kelty and Bonnyrigg to have stayed, and everything to have carried on as before. But the status quo is gone, and now the talk here is that committee members might vote not to flee a sinking ship.

Regardless of your views on the pyramid, the seniors or the Juniors, the ship is going down and not getting on a lifeboat now could be fatal for what the club is.

Is there anyway for non-members to contact the committee or influence the vote on Monday? 

As with any supporter you are perfectly entitled to approach (email via website) the President or Secretary to voice your concerns.  Or why not approach them at Forfar on Saturday to express your concerns.

15 minutes ago, superbigal said:

IF you do move presumably Mr Donaldson MBE JP will do what any decent politician would have to do and resign as your president

He resigned at last years AGM and was replaced by Willie Scullion who is currently both President & Treasurer.   Was made an Honorary President for his services to Linlithgow Rose and was also allowed to continue as our Delegate to both the East and Scottish.

5 minutes ago, drs said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this weeks Wee Rose committee looks very different from the committee that's left standing on June 5th. Could be some coup at Prestonfield next week.

I think that the consequences of the meeting on Monday could have a lasting impact either way.

21 minutes ago, superbigal said:

IF you do move presumably Mr Donaldson MBE JP will do what any decent politician would have to do and resign as your president

He is not the President. Billy 2 sheds is the President.

We got told last night that an application has been submitted already.

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Several clubs put in applications before going to their members, knowing they could withdraw if need be. I'm hoping those in charge at Prestonfield haven't been so reckless as to cut off the option.

I'm just hoping the gossip on this page is misinformed. 

Well I hope you guys get what you want nothing worse than committees taking fans for granted then when it goes tits up there out with the begging bowl.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

He is not the President. Billy 2 sheds is the President.

We got told last night that an application has been submitted already.

Now confirmed on club's FB page.

EoS League Application Update
For the purposes of clarification, the club submitted an application to join the East of Scotland League earlier this week for consideration at their AGM - which we will attend. A meeting with club members had already been arranged for Monday 4th June and will go ahead as planned in line with the club's constitution.

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

As with any supporter you are perfectly entitled to approach (email via website) the President or Secretary to voice your concerns.  Or why not approach them at Forfar on Saturday to express your concerns.

I'm planning on going to Forfar - never been to that ground before and not likely to have reason to after this season - but I don't have Official Authorisation from the missus yet. I don't know anyone on the committee - I see two guys in Rose ties and with glasses a lot, one a bit taller than the other, I assume they're on the committee? Would they mind being buttonholed at a game? 

21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm planning on going to Forfar - never been to that ground before and not likely to have reason to after this season - but I don't have Official Authorisation from the missus yet. I don't know anyone on the committee - I see two guys in Rose ties and with glasses a lot, one a bit taller than the other, I assume they're on the committee? Would they mind being buttonholed at a game? 

Anyone in a Rose tie would be a good starting point - ask them to point out the President.  If you are in before kick off then that would be an ideal opportunity before the game becomes a distraction.

The bulk of the Bo'ness committee were against a move to the EoSFL just a few weeks ago but appear to have turned full circle on the idea. Was that them listening to the majority of the fans or following phone calls and discussions with other clubs......who knows, but at least they eventually reached the right outcome.

I am sure the committees of the various clubs will have been talking together.  I'm sure all would prefer to take the same direction.  However for most clubs the members will decide.  The Tayside clubs may have to go a different way but joining a feeder league to the Highland League must be a decent option for the bigger clubs.

18 minutes ago, Dreghorn said:

I am sure the committees of the various clubs will have been talking together.  I'm sure all would prefer to take the same direction.  However for most clubs the members will decide.  The Tayside clubs may have to go a different way but joining a feeder league to the Highland League must be a decent option for the bigger clubs.

Broxburns meeting was Monday night. They'd been one of the traditional big clubs that had been quiet on the subject until their egm was announced. 

Nothing public came out Monday night or the following day. Until news filtered through of the Bo'ness meeting, broxburn had let the bo'ness committee they were EoS bound. Similarly Dundonald bringing their application forward.

Committees are talking to each other, probably not to everyone unfortunately.

58 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

A wee bit of topic - but well done to Linlithgow Academy Senior Girls on winning the Scottish Cup.

They beat Banff 5 v 0

And they did it at the scene of a previous famous Lithgae victory - Station Park, Forfar.

Well done the Rose committee members with the foresight to send in the application. Thought we’d missed the boat. Lets hope Monday’s meeting backs the move and we can continue pumping the beggars next season in a new league !

36 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Well done the Rose committee members with the foresight to send in the application. Thought we’d missed the boat. Lets hope Monday’s meeting backs the move and we can continue pumping the beggars next season in a new league !

Foresight !!!!!!! Dragged screaming  :1eye And forced into submission 

Archived