Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Are you talking about the guy by the brick wall with concrete half poured in. :lol:

:lol: Now you mention it that's all I can see!

The new loo is just out of shot to the left.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, GordonS said:

Mind you, I've no idea how good Kelty have been this season... 

Having seen both Bonnyrigg and Kelty this season, and not last season, I would say that they are pretty evenly matched. I'd expect a game between the 2 to be a very tight affair.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

While I'm here, I took this pic on Saturday - that looks to me like a raised viewing platform for wheelchair users, would that be correct? Right in front of the newly-installed disabled loo, and by the new disabled ramps and concrete paths in from the gate? Not bad for a bunch of unambitious dinosaurs, etc, etc.5b0c8b8ae750e_IMG_sizedcopy.thumb.jpg.8420c39b1e9f1e6c46b13bb3075c3189.jpg

Such investment needs balanced so what goes on the park doesn't suffer.

We ran with a threadbare squad, which resulted that on occasion we couldn't fill our bench and that's not ideal.  What Mark has achieved with limited resources has been remarkable. 

4 hours ago, Marten said:

Having seen both Bonnyrigg and Kelty this season, and not last season, I would say that they are pretty evenly matched. I'd expect a game between the 2 to be a very tight affair.

Ta. I take it you saw Kelty against decent opposition?

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Such investment needs balanced so what goes on the park doesn't suffer.

We ran with a threadbare squad, which resulted that on occasion we couldn't fill our bench and that's not ideal.  What Mark has achieved with limited resources has been remarkable. 

Yes and no - I think disabled access should be treated as a priority by all clubs. I often wonder if the complete absence of seating at some grounds doesn't prevent more infirm people from coming.

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yes and no - I think disabled access should be treated as a priority by all clubs. I often wonder if the complete absence of seating at some grounds doesn't prevent more inform people from coming.

At camelon theirs a couple of people who come they bring chairs round for

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Yes and no - I think disabled access should be treated as a priority by all clubs. I often wonder if the complete absence of seating at some grounds doesn't prevent more inform people from coming.

A covered viewing facility is a club licence requirement. Must accommodate 2 wheelchair users and 2 seated companions as a minimum.  Some clubs will be able to meet this easily - particularly newer venues with lots of hard standing on one level. At Linlithgow - and in a number of more traditional environments I suspect - it is a more costly problem to resolve. 

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

A covered viewing facility is a club licence requirement. Must accommodate 2 wheelchair users and 2 seated companions as a minimum.  Some clubs will be able to meet this easily - particularly newer venues with lots of hard standing on one level. At Linlithgow - and in a number of more traditional environments I suspect - it is a more costly problem to resolve. 

Camelon I believe it' the area behind the dugout

21 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Camelon I believe it' the area behind the dugout

is there easy wheelchair access to this location, and accessible toilet facilities nearby?

In theory, you could do the same at Linlithgow under the stand, behind a dugout, but there is no easy route round to that point under the stand for a wheelchair, and the toilets round that side are inaccessible for wheelchair users (I'd guess anyway). Doing this may also impact on the requirement for a "protected" entry and exit to the field for players (protected my be the wrong term) where fans cannot be in when needed by players, management and officials. I'd suspect that there is no provision made for disabled fans in this part of the licence criteria. 

This, I assume, is HTG's point. Its not a case of designating a disabled area for folk who aren't as good on their feet - its the whole hog and very strict requirements set out in the licensing criteria - its more complicated than some may imagine.

50 minutes ago, GlamourBaws said:

is there easy wheelchair access to this location, and accessible toilet facilities nearby?

In theory, you could do the same at Linlithgow under the stand, behind a dugout, but there is no easy route round to that point under the stand for a wheelchair, and the toilets round that side are inaccessible for wheelchair users (I'd guess anyway). Doing this may also impact on the requirement for a "protected" entry and exit to the field for players (protected my be the wrong term) where fans cannot be in when needed by players, management and officials. I'd suspect that there is no provision made for disabled fans in this part of the licence criteria. 

This, I assume, is HTG's point. Its not a case of designating a disabled area for folk who aren't as good on their feet - its the whole hog and very strict requirements set out in the licensing criteria - its more complicated than some may imagine.

I' sure even if not be making it that way

Bye byeScreenshot_20180529-203113_Chrome.thumb.jpg.777a14a20ca8521245d9c2c5fa499de5.jpg
Well that's that then. It would be nothing short of miraculous for the big Rose's members not to vote the same way.

Can't believe the GTF date will soon apply to us on this forum!

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
What should be worrying is that bathgate and whitburn wouldn' t be in super league

Are they not ranked about 12 and 13 of the teams that are left.

Not sure now lost track of it after the last lot have left

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

What the only club in the east with a license would stay with the rabble that is left ?
Mind you derbies versus whitburn and Bathgate imminent now.

Tayport part of the rabble superbiggles ? Bit disrespectful of your own team

Archived