Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

Very sorry to hear about your dad. He was a character who will be missed at Central Park - I remember him on the Supporters Bus in particular the match at Gretna that was abandoned. He was indeed a great moaner at the games, 'Where's the wingers?' I think was one of his. Best wishes Stephen to you and your family at this sad time

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Farewell to my Dad and lifelong Cowdenbeath supporter Peter Park, also known as Auld Pete. 

He died yesterday at the age of 86 in Victoria hospital. Fitting that he died in Kirkcaldy as he worked down Seafield pit for many years.

He was a moaning old git at games but a great Dad and lovely guy away from matches. He played for Burnisland Shipyard and Lumphinans as a defender many years back. 

His main shouts at games were;

" Yer lying too deep Cowden"

"Yer awe bunched up on one side of the park like wee school laddies"

" Ye hivney  got a bloody clue.......insert managers name here " .

I will miss being with him at games so much as well as my brother Alan who also died about a year ago.

The last moment of action we saw together was Jamie's penalty save to keep us in the league. An even more precious memory for me now.

R.I.P. Auld Pete.

Sympathy and love for you and your family Coo. I'll be saying a wee prayer.

GoodBye Auld Pete.

Lovely guy, Auld Pete. I had quite a few enjoyable conversations with him on the terracing. He could be very funny, and his analysis of games was usually on the ball. I'm glad he lived to see that we were still in the senior league. Condolences to you and all the family, Coo.

Sad news. Also remember him and his 'watch the wingers Cowden' shouts as a younger boy. He was a big fan of wingers! 

He's also featured coming off the bus in the 'Football's Worst Away Days'. I always remember that. 

Bit of potential in the team - really liked the look of Harvey Swann today. Just needs to sort out his decision making and be a bit braver in front of goal. Muirhead took his goal well.

Bit of potential in the team - really liked the look of Harvey Swann today. Just needs to sort out his decision making and be a bit braver in front of goal. Muirhead took his goal well.

As said on here before Harvey Swann shows potential and was comfortable on the ball today. He should start every week. Clearly we were outclassed by a better team but we should optimistic about this young team.

17 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Thought we done ok today despite the score. The 2nd half saw us field a side with Kyle being the oldest player at 24 years old. Was better than last seasons 6-1 gubbing there with our senior pros would much prefer young guys trying their best than guys just being there for a final payday.

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Thought we done ok today despite the score. The 2nd half saw us field a side with Kyle being the oldest player at 24 years old. Was better than last seasons 6-1 gubbing there with our senior pros would much prefer young guys trying their best than guys just being there for a final payday.

Yes we did well but United were brilliant when they played us last season and aren't nearly as good. That said, we did have chances.

If only Robbie could shoot!

Just now, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yes we did well but United were brilliant when they played us last season and aren't nearly as good. That said, we did have chances.

If only Robbie could shoot!

I would agree the United side was a better one last year.

When we looked interested in spells in the second half, we looked promising. Certainly good enough for league 2. Swann and Muirhead should have played more of a part last season.

I don't think we were too bothered about today's match. Different if it was a one off Scottish Cup match.

When we looked interested in spells in the second half, we looked promising. Certainly good enough for league 2. Swann and Muirhead should have played more of a part last season.
I don't think we were too bothered about today's match. Different if it was a one off Scottish Cup match.

Agreed totally. I was thinking why burst a gut when 3 down, especially after seeing their teammate go off with a broken foot last week. It's a lot to ask this early and so soon to the first league game.

Best to regroup and see what we can take from the other Dundee team on Wednesday.

45 minutes ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Agreed totally. I was thinking why burst a gut when 3 down, especially after seeing their teammate go off with a broken foot last week. It's a lot to ask this early and so soon to the first league game.

Best to regroup and see what we can take from the other Dundee team on Wednesday.

The real incentive for us is to try and beat the Rovers and get 3rd place unless we do something silly and beat Dundee to get a shot at 2nd:lol:

You get £21k for being 3rd, £19k for 4th and £17k for 5th. The more money we can make the better.

Archived