Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Thought we done ok today despite the score. The 2nd half saw us field a side with Kyle being the oldest player at 24 years old. Was better than last seasons 6-1 gubbing there with our senior pros would much prefer young guys trying their best than guys just being there for a final payday.

Dead right, Andy. A lot of common sense from Billy in the interview - another great interview, Jordan. Billy is very realistic about the challenge, He thinks we have promising young players at CP, but more experience and strength are needed to support them. Yet how do we get these experienced players, given the (proper) budget constraints? John Ovenstone might know of a couple of juniors who could do a job for us - look at what Kris Renton did for us  last season. We certainly must give our management team strong support

I've a feeling that going to CP might be more enjoyable this season, with young players coming through. Have season ticket, will travel!

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Thought we done ok today despite the score. The 2nd half saw us field a side with Kyle being the oldest player at 24 years old. Was better than last seasons 6-1 gubbing there with our senior pros would much prefer young guys trying their best than guys just being there for a final payday.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I noticed McGurn being subbed at half time in your game yesterday?

He picked up an injury of some sort?

Was looking forward to giving him a warm reception next weekend( as were a lot of Rovers fans, I'd imagine..)

Aye got a thigh strain,hopefully nothing too serious.

We've signed another goalie today.  18 year old Blair Penman who was with Celtic last season.  Straight in the squad for the match tonight.  McGurn out injured I presume.

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:49, cowdenbeath said:

The real incentive for us is to try and beat the Rovers and get 3rd place unless we do something silly and beat Dundee to get a shot at 2nd:lol:

You get £21k for being 3rd, £19k for 4th and £17k for 5th. The more money we can make the better.

Davie could chip in with his £35.71

http://www.raithrovers.net/lotto-results

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Another keeper signed. Hope McGurn hasn't a bad injury, it would be a real shame if he is out for the Rovers  game.

I think McGurn will struggle. I don't think he is fit enough to play a full season anymore. I think he looks older than he actually is and looks like he could pull a muscle every week.

2 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

His shot stopping was excellent but he must be too short surely.

I think it doesn't help that he wears his top out and it makes his legs look shorter. He is not tall for a keeper though (1.8m).

He's very quiet on the Clyde pages these days. I have been missing his cutting edge wit and informative comments on the state of every team in the league as well as his prognosis on the outcome of the league. I always took account of this when doing my Soccer sixes for the week!

The goalie isn't tall but our issue is neither of our CHs are either . Neither are over 6ft and struggle against a big forward. Money is our issue just wish we could get a 6'2 plus CH and a centre midfielder who is actually a centre midfielder who can hold the ball and pass.

43 minutes ago, Rooster said:

The goalie isn't tall but our issue is neither of our CHs are either . Neither are over 6ft and struggle against a big forward. Money is our issue just wish we could get a 6'2 plus CH and a centre midfielder who is actually a centre midfielder who can hold the ball and pass.

Correct. Defending corners will be a nightmare this season if we don't get a big defender. It was the same last season.

Archived