• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

On 23/07/2024 at 22:47, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I was in school with him. He was one of the good guys. Brilliant at basketball, good at football, utter genius at submitting school  football reports to the Courier getting his name mentioned in every sentence. 

On 24/07/2024 at 09:18, SandyCromarty said:

When I was on the early days of CTO he was a force as a poster, articulate and funny at the same time and he continued with that same great posts that made his point clearly. I remember him on here but his home was CTO where as a proud Invernessian he could reminisce with his peers especially on great Highland League games and days.

On 23/07/2024 at 19:45, ICTChris said:

Saw that Johndo MacKenzie, who a lot of our fans will know, sadly passed away earlier today. 

I think Johndo was in the same year at the IRA as Billy Urquhart and Davie Milroy. There are plenty of pics of the school team floating around, and I think he later played for the Caley youth team or the reserves.
I suppose there's no harm in outing him now he's gone, so here's a photo which popped up this morning on my FB memories, with Johndo in the Glengarry. 9 years ago today.
"When I die and they lay me to rest, gonna go on the piss in Bucharest"

11802639_10153174765369915_4742650390295744544_o.thumb.jpg.7f159373ef7d1de3a181a286653c2aa0.jpg 

Nah there won't be anything announced today.  Even if something concrete is in place I reckon it'll be well into next week before any news breaks.

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The latest rumour is that Gardiner is staying under the new ownership.

IMG_0042.gif.3d27cd73e6b31c10f6b331dc2fd3f6c7.gif

On 22/07/2024 at 14:01, SandyCromarty said:

There's been too much anger from the fans against Gardiner that he has to go, any new investor will know keeping him will only create further animosity.

A new broom sweeps clean so they say.

:lol:

Their balance sheet looks as bad as The Caley's

The club have been involved in intensive discussions with Seventy7 Ventures, a UK-based sports, entertainment and leisure group

We're going to be a netflix documentary aren't we.

Edited by Buzz Killington

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why the f**k can't we just be a front for a money laundering organisation by central belt drug dealers like about 10 other clubs in the SPFL?

He's got a failing crypto company as well, so I don't think you need to be too despondent about the lack of money laundering opportunities. 

From a look at their website and 'white paper' ICT could be the first club on the planet to have an AI manager. Also it appears to be the first time they've shown any interest in sport apart from gaming.

https://seventy7.ventures/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/2030-CI-The-future-of-the-Creatives-Industries.pdf

P.S. FYI a Scotch Pie costs roughly 0.000045 in bitcoin.

Edited by welshbairn