• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

2 hours ago, Count Mongo del Fantastico said:

As an Accies fan, I'm not sure we should be the yardstick you use to measure success, particularly when it comes to cup performances

It was a league 2 team beating a Premier side,nothing personal.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Feel it will take ICT 2-3 seasons to move beyond this level

Sounds like more a 5 year plan TBF, if by level you are referring to Scottish football and that in 3 years will getting invites to the European Super League?

I doubt he will get another gig in Scottish football, which is probably why he was clinging onto his job with us for dear life.

From what I understand, and I might be wrong, basically the ownership of the club has been

1994-1999 - Club run through consensus of original shareholders by Dougie MacGilvary.  Entered the league, built the stadium and progressed up to the old First Division but hit financial issues with the costs associated with bujilding access roads to the ground.

1999-2012 - David Sutherland of Tullochs becomes chairman, steadies the ship and in 2002 Tullochs buy a controlling interest, investing £500,000 into the club.  Stadium is brought up to standards needed for top flight.

2012-2017 - David Sutherland personally steps back but people who have worked for him continue to run the club.  Muirfield Mills group invest in the club.  Following relegation in 2017 period of flux until Muirfield Mills basically take control.

2017-present - Muirfield Mills take over the club.  None of them have any experience of running a football club (as witnessed by the numerous shambles) so they appoint an experienced CEO, Scott Gardiner.  They entrust the running of the club to him while they throw schemes at the wall to make things stick.

Alan Savage's previous tenure fits in the Tulloch's era, although he fell out with Sutherland and Tullochs over his time as chairman.  Savage wanted to take more risks, including the Niculae deal which involved him buying £350,000 of shares which funded Niculae's salary for a year.

One thing that has been mentioned but not extensively is that despite the roots of Muirfield Mills being in Inverness, they weren't really based here.  Ross Morrison is based in Dundee, as is Scott Gardiner, and I think if the people running things were a bit more hands on and were around all the time then maybe there wouldn't have been such a disconnect.  I honestly can't see guys like Dougie MacGilvary, David Sutherland or Alan Savage putting forward an idea like the Kelty move, there's no way they'd even have considered it.  Savage, and the people who are likely supporting him, are far more connected to businesses in the area as well and can hopefully build some bridges that were knocked down by the previous regime.

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I doubt he will get another gig in Scottish football, which is probably why he was clinging onto his job with us for dear life.

From what I understand, and I might be wrong, basically the ownership of the club has been

1994-1999 - Club run through consensus of original shareholders by Dougie MacGilvary.  Entered the league, built the stadium and progressed up to the old First Division but hit financial issues with the costs associated with bujilding access roads to the ground.

1999-2012 - David Sutherland of Tullochs becomes chairman, steadies the ship and in 2002 Tullochs buy a controlling interest, investing £500,000 into the club.  Stadium is brought up to standards needed for top flight.

2012-2017 - David Sutherland personally steps back but people who have worked for him continue to run the club.  Muirfield Mills group invest in the club.  Following relegation in 2017 period of flux until Muirfield Mills basically take control.

2017-present - Muirfield Mills take over the club.  None of them have any experience of running a football club (as witnessed by the numerous shambles) so they appoint an experienced CEO, Scott Gardiner.  They entrust the running of the club to him while they throw schemes at the wall to make things stick.

Alan Savage's previous tenure fits in the Tulloch's era, although he fell out with Sutherland and Tullochs over his time as chairman.  Savage wanted to take more risks, including the Niculae deal which involved him buying £350,000 of shares which funded Niculae's salary for a year.

One thing that has been mentioned but not extensively is that despite the roots of Muirfield Mills being in Inverness, they weren't really based here.  Ross Morrison is based in Dundee, as is Scott Gardiner, and I think if the people running things were a bit more hands on and were around all the time then maybe there wouldn't have been such a disconnect.  I honestly can't see guys like Dougie MacGilvary, David Sutherland or Alan Savage putting forward an idea like the Kelty move, there's no way they'd even have considered it.  Savage, and the people who are likely supporting him, are far more connected to businesses in the area as well and can hopefully build some bridges that were knocked down by the previous regime.

This is the bit for me that give me a slither of hope.  Morrison is from Wick and has been based in Dundee for the last 20 odd years (by all accounts), Gardiner is Dundonian and only moved up to Inverness (Tornagrain) in 2019 when he was appointed CEO.  Neither of them, I'd imagine, will have much, if any, knowledge of businesses in Inverness/The Highlands, so are more likely to ignore them (good working relationships with local businesses are a Scottish football club's bread and butter IMO), for fucking mental, batshit get-rich-quick schemes, which ended up with said local businesses fleeced out of money, or arranging the online harassment of local councilors to give the go ahead to a battery farm, or re-arranging 2 consecutive nights of concerts at the stadium when another popular act (fuck knows how, I think they're shite) were performing at a different venue across the city on the same night, meaning a huge loss for their fledgling concert company.

All while this was happening, the ignored the basic day to day running of the football club, and when they did attempt to have a go at it, they were handing out daft contracts to two consecutive managers who were, or well on their way to, proving they don't have what it takes to make the team better/get us promoted (Dodds and Ferguson).  I can't even be arsed going into the treatment of former or out of contract players.  I'd be here all fucking day.  

None of the above would've happened under the leadership of Dougie MacGilvary, David Sutherland or Alan Savage IMO.

Fairly 'birthday caird pish' from me, so I think it's only fair that I include this to end my post - 

H Paul O'Donnell on X: "@TheTallyVic @Jan_Lewicki Birthday ...

Edited by TheScarf

Re - Gardiner, while logic and the general workforce making a total c**t of your job would result in difficulty getting future roles, that of senior execs in corporations seem unaffected and I suspect this is no different. Having 'pals' of certain levels and being within certain circles is often enough. Much like politics if you roll the shite in enough gitter folks will be taken in by the sparkles.

Point being seeing SG appear again in football is not unlikely nor should it be a surprise

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This is the bit for me that give me a slither of hope.  Morrison is from Wick and has been based in Dundee for the last 20 odd years (by all accounts), Gardiner is Dundonian and only moved up to Inverness (Tornagrain) in 2019 when he was appointed CEO.  Neither of them, I'd imagine, will have much, if any, knowledge of businesses in Inverness/The Highlands, so are more likely to ignore them (good working relationships with local businesses are a Scottish football club's bread and butter IMO), for f**king mental, batshit get-rich-quick schemes, which ended up with said local businesses fleeced out of money, or arranging the online harassment of local councilors to give the go ahead to a battery farm, or re-arranging 2 consecutive nights of concerts at the stadium when another popular act (f**k knows how, I think they're shite) were performing at a different venue across the city on the same night, meaning a huge loss for their fledgling concert company.

All while this was happening, the ignored the basic day to day running of the football club, and when they did attempt to have a go at it, they were handing out daft contracts to two consecutive managers who were, or well on their way to, proving they don't have what it takes to make the team better/get us promoted (Dodds and Ferguson).  I can't even be arsed going into the treatment of former or out of contract players.  I'd be here all f**king day.  

None of the above would've happened under the leadership of Dougie MacGilvary, David Sutherland or Alan Savage IMO.

Fairly 'birthday caird pish' from me, so I think it's only fair that I include this to end my post - 

H Paul O'Donnell on X: "@TheTallyVic @Jan_Lewicki Birthday ...

I think you're giving Gardiner too much credit. I don't know much about the Highlands and other than a couple of modules in economics and business at uni, I'm not exactly business inclined, but even if a simpleton such as myself was in such a role, I'd know the first thing I'd be trying to do would be reach out to the local community and businesses.

22 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Re - Gardiner, while logic and the general workforce making a total c**t of your job would result in difficulty getting future roles, that of senior execs in corporations seem unaffected and I suspect this is no different. Having 'pals' of certain levels and being within certain circles is often enough. Much like politics if you roll the shite in enough gitter folks will be taken in by the sparkles.

Point being seeing SG appear again in football is not unlikely nor should it be a surprise

He'll be saying to all his mates & family that it wasn't his fault & that he was unfairly treated. No doubt someone will be gullible enough to buy it. 

As long as he stays away from Inverness that's all I care about. 

If another club takes him on good luck to them! They're going to need it 

Edited by Connor Macleod