"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I think you've called it right there, the last two seasons have seen us lose financially and unless there's a turnaround part time could well be a reality.

Around the 800 mark attendance wise last night and a £20,000 losers fee about sums it up.

And there were folk on CTO complaining that the North Stand was being closed for the game! Even if some North Standers were put off attending by having to sit in the Main Stand I can't imagine it's caused several hundred of them to patch the game last night. There was never going to be sufficient enough people in the crowd to warrant two home stands being opened.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

And there were folk on CTO complaining that the North Stand was being closed for the game! Even if some North Standers were put off attending by having to sit in the Main Stand I can't imagine it's caused several hundred of them to patch the game last night. There was never going to be sufficient enough people in the crowd to warrant two home stands being opened.

Our attendances have been in decline for a while now.

Last night though was surprise for me that it was so low, Stirling Albion was on the 700 mark but as we were playing Championship rivals and the score was 0-0 into the replay I thought we would have see around 1500 turning out.

There be many factors, £20.00 at the end of January, the weather forecast, having to move from reserved seats in the sheltered NS and a possible protest because of the season, who knows.

Whatever the reason declining attendances is a concern given that in our 1994-1995 season our average attendance was over 3000.

It's surprising to hear the average attendances at Caley Thistle have dropped that much. Granted it was a midweek cup game, but still.

What were the average numbers for home support when the club were most recently in the Premiership?

Edited by AuAl

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Our attendances have been in decline for a while now.

Last night though was surprise for me that it was so low, Stirling Albion was on the 700 mark but as we were playing Championship rivals and the score was 0-0 into the replay I thought we would have see around 1500 turning out.

There be many factors, £20.00 at the end of January, the weather forecast, having to move from reserved seats in the sheltered NS and a possible protest because of the season, who knows.

Whatever the reason declining attendances is a concern given that in our 1994-1995 season our average attendance was over 3000.

Who agrees the price of the match ticket? SFA or the clubs

Is the ticket sales split between the two clubs?

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I think attendances dropping for a lot of reasons? I know loads who didn't go last night. The NS issue was deciding factor for me but there is a growing disconnect between the  club and the fanbase and no attempt to fix it. For some it's probably the poor stuff on show on the pitch. 

Midweek games are more troublesome as well with it being a school night and travel more difficult. The weather mentioned by some too. 

Maybe just lots of excuses really but there we go.....

8 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Who agrees the price of the match ticket? SFA or the clubs

Is the ticket sales split between the two clubs?

The clubs agree between them. Ticket sales are split between the clubs but in effect it ends up 60-40 for the home club.

11 minutes ago, AuAl said:

It's surprising to hear the average attendances at Caley Thistle have dropped that much. Granted it was a midweek cup game, but still.

What were the average numbers for home support when the club were most recently in the Premiership?

3.9k average attendence for 16/17.

Important to note we played both Celtic and Rangers twice at home that season

9 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

3.9k average attendence for 16/17.

Important to note we played both Celtic and Rangers twice at home that season

Do Inverness drag in a lot of supporters from across the highlands and/or more remote areas? What I'm getting at is whether the majority of support is actually based in the city itself.

If that's not the case then I can understand folk not wanting to travel a distance even for home games, if the on the pitch stuff isn't as great at this moment.

Edited by AuAl

45 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Do Inverness drag in a lot of supporters from across the highlands and/or more remote areas? What I'm getting at is whether the majority of support is actually based in the city itself.

If that's not the case then I can understand folk not wanting to travel a distance even for home games, if the on the pitch stuff isn't as great at this moment.

Inverness Thistle fans

Caledonian fans

Old Firm fans

I support a team cause my dad or family member supports them even though I'm born in Inverness.

All the above is reasons why we don't have a big home support. Also their is buses leaving every weekend for Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd.

For away games we seem to have bigger support of our central based fans than people travelling down from Inverness

56 minutes ago, AuAl said:

No idea the idea the proportions. But I know of plenty of folk, who come in from caithness, Sutherland, Ross-shire and moray. Similarly Ross County probably has more supporters attending games, who live in Inverness than Dingwall. 

12 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Inverness Thistle fans

Caledonian fans

Old Firm fans

I support a team cause my dad or family member supports them even though I'm born in Inverness.

All the above is reasons why we don't have a big home support. Also their is buses leaving every weekend for Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd.

For away games we seem to have bigger support of our central based fans than people travelling down from Inverness

Have always wondered what the makeup of the ICT support is in relation to former Caledonian supporters and Thistle supporters? Or do neither really go to ICT, and the club have a relatively young fan base that grew up post merger (takeover*) and joining the SFL?

Old firm issue is across the board, I too wonder what our home supports could be like at Somerset Park if it weren't for coach loads heading to Glasgow each Saturday.

*I'm aware that it seemed that way for many thistle supporters.

Edited by AuAl

On 01/02/2023 at 11:31, AuAl said:

Have always wondered what the makeup of the ICT support is in relation to former Caledonian supporters and Thistle supporters? Or do neither really go to ICT, and the club have a relatively young fan base that grew up post merger (takeover*) and joining the SFL?

Old firm issue is across the board, I too wonder what our home supports could be like at Somerset Park if it weren't for coach loads heading to Glasgow each Saturday.

*I'm aware that it seemed that way for many thistle supporters.

As been mentioned so many times there was deep resentment by fans of both fans at the merger, and it remains to this day though it is dying out, I know for a fact that some fans refused to attend matches and went to Ross County games instead.

Others hired a double decker bus and parked right on the wall at Telford street and then hurled abuse from the top deck during games through these little slidey windows you used to get on buses.

On 01/02/2023 at 11:21, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Inverness Thistle fans

Caledonian fans

Old Firm fans

I don't think that's true? Yes there is a loyal band of central belters but as one of those who travels every 2nd week there is a larger proportion coming from up north. Most of us make our own way down and don't use the bus 

A large proportion of the travellers are young fans which is a good sign 

Edited by lochnesscaley

49 minutes ago, lochnesscaley said:

I don't think that's true? Yes there is a loyal band of central belters but as one of those who travels every 2nd week there is a larger proportion coming from up north. Most of us make our own way down and don't use the bus 

A large proportion of the travellers are young fans which is a good sign 

It’s definitely about 50/50 between fans who have travelled down from Inverness to those who live in the central belt already.

This is a re-occuring topic which turns up every few months whenever there is a poor attendance at a specific game. Its been discussed to death, but the biggest issue always points to the lack of significant fan numbers from the city itself and many cite that as the disconnect between the club and community. Excuses (stadium, location, costs, time,facilities) - some of which are valid -  will always be trotted out though as justification, which even if they were all fixed and addressed I'm not sure those people would even attend then.

The fact we had 10k+ at the SC final, yet can barely get 20% of that for regular games, shows the glory hunting nature of what we are trying to break into (OF fans/TV watchers/folks who only care about the preception of being at 'unmissable events' etc. These are folks who probably still talk favorably about being there for the 'big win'. Whereas for those who went to Hampden for a semi we were expected to get pumped by treble chasing Celtic with a lunchtime KO, will say that was the bigger game.

15 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

The fact we had 10k+ at the SC final, yet can barely get 20% of that for regular games, shows the glory hunting nature of what we are trying to break into (OF fans/TV watchers/folks who only care about the preception of being at 'unmissable events' etc. These are folks who probably still talk favorably about being there for the 'big win'. Whereas for those who went to Hampden for a semi we were expected to get pumped by treble chasing Celtic with a lunchtime KO, will say that was the bigger game.

I’m not denying that a large part of that cup final support will be part of that glory hunting element but, speaking from my own experience, life gets in the way. 10-12 years ago when I was in my early 20s I’d be going to every home game and 10+ away games a season. Now though with kids etc I am lucky if I make 10 games a season. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the same for a fair number of the younger fans too. I absolutely pick what you would call so called unmissable events over a run of the mill game these days. I’ve still made a few away games in the league this season but I don’t plan on doing anymore this season, unless we somehow made a cup quarter/semi final or make it back to the play offs. I’d absolutely be making more effort to go to these games rather than asking the mrs to take a day off work or get grandparents to do baby sitting duties over a standard Raith away or whatever.

Im not sure Id call the Celtic game a bigger game than the Final but for me it was 100% a better game/day thank the Falkirk one.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I’m not denying that a large part of that cup final support will be part of that glory hunting element but, speaking from my own experience, life gets in the way. 10-12 years ago when I was in my early 20s I’d be going to every home game and 10+ away games a season. Now though with kids etc I am lucky if I make 10 games a season. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the same for a fair number of the younger fans too. I absolutely pick what you would call so called unmissable events over a run of the mill game these days. I’ve still made a few away games in the league this season but I don’t plan on doing anymore this season, unless we somehow made a cup quarter/semi final or make it back to the play offs. I’d absolutely be making more effort to go to these games rather than asking the mrs to take a day off work or get grandparents to do baby sitting duties over a standard Raith away or whatever.

Im not sure Id call the Celtic game a bigger game than the Final but for me it was 100% a better game/day thank the Falkirk one.

Don't forget the eloquent articulate Jacqueline with her 'shite' take on the game.

Classic.